Updating inbox

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
DRitchie

Updating inbox

Post by DRitchie »

Since upgrading to ME Connector v2.73, Outlook now periodically opens a window displaying "Updating Inbox" which displays for 2-3 seconds then disappears. This window takes the focus off other applications. For example, if a user is doing data entry into an ERP application, the "Updating Inbox" interrupts the data entry and takes the focus off the ERP application. This happens countless times per day, numerous times per hour and is therefore impacting user productivity.

Is it possible to hide this "Updating Inbox" window?

The "Hide download progress" option is selected in the Outlook Server ribbon.

Our environment is:
ME Connector 2.73
ME Enterprise Edition 10.11
Outlook 2010 32bit

Keep up the good work guys. ME Connector is getting better and better. Its a relief that v2.73 removed the duplicate messages issue.

MERoland

Re: Updating inbox

Post by MERoland »

I have the same issue.
It would be great if the "Updating Inbox" window could be changed so that it does not take the focus or can be hidden totally.

grahamdms

Post by grahamdms »

Hey, We are also having the same issue.

its really annoying as it hangs the entire computer while it does it. Is there anyway to turn this off?

Or hide it so it only does it in the background.? We also have that option ticked off in the server tab to hide download progress.

Never used to do this with previous versions. Would really appreciate a solution.

thanks

Graham

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

We would really copies of the client MAPI log files to see what the connector is doing at the time of presenting the dialog. Are you able to lodge a support ticket and provide a copy of the log file?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support