Adding Mapi account in Outlook 2016

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
scree74

Adding Mapi account in Outlook 2016

Post by scree74 »

Hi All

I have recently come across a problem when adding the first account using the Mapi connector the account seems to add correctly but when Outlook restarts I get the following message

"Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot be opened. You can't store Outlook data files under the AppData folder. Please Choose another folder"

I anyone else having this problem or is something I am doing????

Windows 10 pro
Office 2016 Home Home and Business 2016 version 1807 (Build 10325.20082)
Mailenable connector 2.74

Many thanks advance
Scott

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Adding Mapi account in Outlook 2016

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Firstly update the connector the following version to ensure you have all the latest updates an fixes:

https://www.mailenable.com/beta/mesetup_x32.exe - (Run as administrator)

Once updated create a brand new mail profile for Outlook and add the account to see if the new profile works.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

scree74

Post by scree74 »

Hi Ian

I have tried this version and it is still the same unfortunatley :-(

CHeers
Scott

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Best way forward would be for a technician to check the client machine over Teamviewer. Please lodge a ticket via our support form below under the category of "Upgrade" and provide Teamviewer session details for the problematic client machine.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

This just started happening to my client, 2 brand new pc's in a row where the 'appdata' error shows up. Tried the beta, fail, I look at existing pc's that I rolled out in the past few weeks and no issues at all.

Server upgraded to: 10.18 (from 10.16)
Clients Working: 2.74
Clients not working: 2.74 & Beta
Win 10 1803 for both types of clients
Wizard disabled so mapi option available in Outlook 2016

What would be nice is other (NON-MS) email client that could be used. We switched to MailEnable from Exchange 2007 because of Outlook 2016 and I just know MS probably snuck in a patch that caused this APPDATA to magically start appearing

Any Ideas out there?
TIA
Jim..

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Please lodge a ticket via our support ticketing system and provide access to the problematic machine via Teamviewer. It will be an easier way for us to troubleshoot and emulate the behavior.

https://www.mailenable.com/support/step1.asp
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

scree74

Post by scree74 »

Gizmo wrote:This just started happening to my client, 2 brand new pc's in a row where the 'appdata' error shows up. Tried the beta, fail, I look at existing pc's that I rolled out in the past few weeks and no issues at all.

Server upgraded to: 10.18 (from 10.16)
Clients Working: 2.74
Clients not working: 2.74 & Beta
Win 10 1803 for both types of clients
Wizard disabled so mapi option available in Outlook 2016

What would be nice is other (NON-MS) email client that could be used. We switched to MailEnable from Exchange 2007 because of Outlook 2016 and I just know MS probably snuck in a patch that caused this APPDATA to magically start appearing

Any Ideas out there?
TIA
Jim..
Hi Jim

Just out of interest do your new machines have
C:\program Files\ Microsoft Office ** (Star denotes 15 or 16)
C:\program files (X86)\Microsoft office\office** (Star denotes 15 or 16)

The reason I ask is that I have just rebuilt a machine and I have just activated the office that was in the original build and its worked ok with the connector 2.74 so I think the issue is with the Office installer that is downloadable from the Microsoft office portal.

The machines I have been having issues with dont have the correct paths as shown above but i can run the apps if i use the run command ie : winword.exe

Cheers
Scott

Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Okay I figured this out

The way Office 2016 installed was not correct out of the box even though it activated
so....
Using the new pc I went to ms and selected check product key, then selected install from there. Added the mapi account and all is well
Looks like the Dell Preinstall is funky. I should have known since I use a product call Desktop Central and it didn't show Office 2016 installed on the problem pc's, now this 1st machine fixed shows it installed (with last 5 of key)

Jim..