inconsistent of inbox mail

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
scngan

inconsistent of inbox mail

Post by scngan »

dear support,
i having 1 iphone and 1 windows phone to test the activesync.

over in my mailbox, i got 4 mail but iphone only show 3 of them while windows phone show all the 4.

i delete and recreate the setting over in my iphone but still it doesn't solve the issue.

any idea ?

twizted

Re: inconsistent of inbox mail

Post by twizted »

It must be a problem with IOS devices. My IPAD is showing 3 mails in the inbox but my Outlook and Webmail show 25.

ADDED: New e-mails after setting up the account seem to come in to all devices.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

The phone/device has a setting that filters based on message age. Different devices have different defaults. Most only show the last week or 2 weeks of messages by default. The device tells the server how old messages are allowed to be. The fact that it does not get the complete list when you connect fresh indicates that the filter is being used. I too have a windows phone 7 and the default setting for that phone is larger than the default on the iphone (which may explain why you dont see the same on both devices).
Regards, Andrew

twizted

Post by twizted »

Correct, I just went back and looked and mine was set on 3 days by default. I think I had changed it when I first was trying to connect but I had delted and re-added the account a number of times and it went back to 3 days.

scngan

Post by scngan »

MailEnable wrote:The phone/device has a setting that filters based on message age. Different devices have different defaults. Most only show the last week or 2 weeks of messages by default. The device tells the server how old messages are allowed to be. The fact that it does not get the complete list when you connect fresh indicates that the filter is being used. I too have a windows phone 7 and the default setting for that phone is larger than the default on the iphone (which may explain why you dont see the same on both devices).
how come i miss out this... :? :? :? :?
thanks

mariamunir

Post by mariamunir »

Different devices have different defaults. Most only show the last week or 2 weeks of messages by default?