[SOLVED] User Access to EAS

sgirard

[SOLVED] User Access to EAS

Postby sgirard » Fri May 11, 2012 7:02 am

I am having difficulty setting up EAS. I am finding that two accounts I use are able to connect but another is not. All accounts have the activesync service enabled.

When I use the MailEnable ActiveSync Installation Verification Utility with the third account, I am getting an error:

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this? I can log into webmail using the credentials so the user is active on mailenable and the credentials are correct.
Last edited by sgirard on Tue May 15, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: User Access to EAS

Postby MailEnable » Fri May 11, 2012 1:11 pm

If the verification works with another set of credentials then one of the following could be the case:

1. The username and password used is not valid or the account is locked out (as you say, webmail login should verify this).
2. Postoffice Quotas are enabled, and the mailbox is being denied because a quota allocation is being reached.
3. The mailbox that does not work has been explicitly denied access under the mailbox properties/service selection.

The event log may also contain an indication of why the login is being rejected.
If you are unable to resolve the issue having upgraded to version 6.54 (or later from http://www.mailenable.com/download.asp), then perhaps log a support ticket (under the defect category which will not attract any charge) and an engineer can attempt to reproduce the issue.
Regards, Andrew

sgirard

Re: User Access to EAS

Postby sgirard » Tue May 15, 2012 10:40 am

FYI to anyone who is having this problem, I did open a ticket and the problem was that some of my users had the HTTP mail service not-enabled. Not a service I used before so it was overlooked.