New email alerts

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
gshep

New email alerts

Post by gshep »

I have about 5 users on EAS so far. They keep getting notifications about new emails that don't exist. It seems like EAS is resetting previously read messages to unread, so they show up as new email. Messages are also being reset to unread in outlook using the MAPI connector. Never happened before we started using EAS. It's been happening on android and iphone about twice a day.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: New email alerts

Post by MailEnable »

What version of the server is being used? Is it the latest release?
Also, in order to diagnose we would need the debug logs from the device -ie: enable it on the server.
The reson is most likely that the devices have lost connection whilst sychronising. I this ocurs then the syncronisation keys for a given folder can cause a mismatch and triger a resync - and then they show as new messages. The device logs will show this though.
The utility at www.mailenable.com/tools/activesync/ASLog.zip can be expanded into your Mail Enable/ActiveSync folder and will make it easier to review device activity.
Regards, Andrew

gshep

Post by gshep »

Yes I am using the newest version of MailEnable. I will post debug logs later today

gshep

Post by gshep »

6.56 seems to have fixed this problem