Can't configure EAS in Outlook 2013

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
JORGEMJ

Can't configure EAS in Outlook 2013

Post by JORGEMJ »

Hi,

In the new Outlook 2013 it is possible to configure EAS accounts. But I am not able to configure it. Depending what I write in username I get two different errors:
- If in username I write the email (e.g. username@domain.com) I get Server not found error
- If in username I write the username from MailEnable (e.g. username@postoffice) I get exactly the same error (server not found)
- But if in username I write something like "\username@postoffice" or "\username@domain.com" (both with the slash \) I get an username/password error

I do not have any problems configuring mobile clients and I have passed the connection test from https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com with the only warning that the trusting ssl certificate could not pass in old xp browsers.

I am using Standard Edition v.6.77

Could someone help me?. Thanks in advance

EDITED: 7-Feb-2013
I have installed the update Standard Edition v.6.78 but it continues without working with Outlook 2013.
Please, can anybody help me?. Thanks

JORGEMJ

Re: Can't configure EAS in Outlook 2013

Post by JORGEMJ »

...and with v 6.79, the same too.

bmark

Post by bmark »

Hi,

I also have this problem

What we can do?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

The preview of Outlook 2013 worked with MailEnable's ActiveSync implementation; however it seems that (MS made a last minute to restrict their implementation to Hotmail). From what I understand, their intention may have been to prevent it being used against Exchange - possibly because the EAS implementation within Outlook is very much limited compared to the typical Exchange/Outlook experience (or the MailEnable/Outlook experience for that matter!). In various blogs/material on the web it has been posted that MS has excluded outlook 2013 from talking to Exchange, but suggest that it should be fine to work with others who have Servers that have licensed the EAS protocol.

To my knowledge, no one (including MS Exchange) is yet offering EAS and Outlook 2013 - because in doing so, they would possibly need to impersonate hotmails/outlook.com servers... and the documentation on the EAS protocol does not provide insight as to how this is done.

We will keep looking into how we can provide EAS and Outlook 2013, but in the interim, the best solution for Outlook/MailEnable continues to be the MAPI Connector.
Regards, Andrew

bmark

Post by bmark »

thank you,
MailEnable MAPI Connector works fine on Outlook 2013!

Netsupply

Post by Netsupply »

Hi Guys

Tested this and its still not working.

I have an new client. Major lawfirm. MAPI works well, BUT....

They handle mail like if they have subfolders to INBOX, then normally on exchange when they reply to an email located in the subfolder, then the reply automatically goes into that subfolder to. It doesnt in MAPI. It goes into the SENT FOLDER. On IMAP it works fine. MAPI not.

So we need to create a shitload of rules pr. user and syncronize the folders manually which is a pain in the freezing but.

They have thought of going the IMAP route, but they come from Office365 where everything worked fine.

So a bit frustrating since O365 is illegal to use here in Denmark due to person related data security.

I will try to get ME to focus their attention to this and get it solved. Others are able to do it and we need to do it as well since basic simple mail integration is no longer enough for most companies. They want the advanced features as well.