ActiveSync is killing iPhone battery

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
ppcs

ActiveSync is killing iPhone battery

Post by ppcs »

I updated to 6.78 on Monday and immediately started having heavy drain on my iphone. Not know what was causing this I contacted apply and they determined that a replacement needed to be sent out. Got the replacement on Wednesday still have the issue. Battery would drain in 4 hours. Then I remembed that I updated the mailserver on Monday and thought about activesync. As soon as I removed that account from my iphone battery usage returned to normal. I sent a company wide email asking for any other issues and received a reply from all iphone users, they all had the same issue. Nothing from android users.

So anyone else seeing this? I believe there is a bug in the activesync server that's only effecting ios/iphone devices.

JanS

Re: ActiveSync is killing iPhone battery

Post by JanS »

Hi!

we have several Samsung Galaxy S3 with a similar problem. In my case the problem existed in 6.75 too. The devices survive between 8 and 14 hours on battery. My own Samsung Galaxy S3 synchronizes 4 Microsoft Exchange accounts (2003 and 2007) - all using push mail - and has a battery lifetime of around 36 hours. After replacing one of the accounts with a MailEnable EAS account the device has the same battery lifetime as the other devices that only synchronize with MailEnable.

My iPad 2 also synchronizes with MailEnable and I haven't seen any changes in battery lifetime since I moved from Exchange to MailEnable.

bmark

Post by bmark »

could be a problem of the iPhone which is corrected with the update:
APPLE update - iOS 6.1.2

Correction of an error in the Exchange calendar that could increase the activity of the network and reduce the battery life.

jauch

Post by jauch »

Any updates on this, all my company iphones running activesync (exchange) are getting slammed with the battery life issue for the past 3 weeks

-tim

jauch

Post by jauch »

Any updates on this, all my company iphones running activesync (exchange) are getting slammed with the battery life issue for the past 3 weeks

-tim