Calendar sharing on android

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
leinenga

Calendar sharing on android

Post by leinenga »

Hi,

I have a server running Enterprise Premium and the MAPI connector.
A client company is using this as an exchange like environment with sharing calenders and the ability to make appointments in each others agenda with Outlook.

Now they want to be able to view and make appointments in each others agenda on their mobile andoid phone's.
They now are able to do that with google calendars.
The company is not happy with this. They want this on their (my) own platform.
This for security reasons and the fact that they can't view the google calendars in outlook. (I'm aware of the google outlook connector, but that's not a real solution)

How can I achieve the same functionality with Mailenable? I already tried the ActiveSync and installed an exchange account on an android and windows Phone and that works fine for your own agenda, but I can't see an agenda of someone else although in webmail I can. Sharing rights are in place.

Am I missing something? or is the functionalitiy that you can achieve with free google mail/calendars not possible on Enterprise mailenable?

I'm also open for caldav solutions if that will solve my problem.

Regards Leo

kiamori

Re: Calendar sharing on android

Post by kiamori »

Try a SyncML client, or EAS either of these should work.

leinenga

Re: Calendar sharing on android

Post by leinenga »

Thanks for the suggestion, but EAS I tried as described above. This works perfectly for your own agenda, but you can't view the agendas of others.
I now used EAS for their own mail and agenda and ICalSync2 for viewing other peoples agendas.
This is a solution, but needs more installation and configuration than I hoped for.

I was hoping that EAS would support the sharing of agendas automaticly just like in webmail or MAPI connector.
So that in one configuration you can view i.e. 4 agendas of colleages.

Now I have to configure one EAS account and 4 extra ICalSync accounts.(on each Phone)

I also tried Mokobi for SyncMl, but that wouldn't sync automaticly and should also be configured for every agenda.

So suggestions are still welcome.

Leo