EAS and Android

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
kather

EAS and Android

Post by kather »

Changing from iOS (iPhone 4) to Android (Huawei) the EAS service is not working anymore. Only mail sync is working regular; contacts, calender (their own and shared calenders) are only sync once: just after the account is created. When we remove the account (created as descibed in the PDF on the site) and recreated it then sync works fine on mail, contacts, calender(s) and tasks.
But after that only the mail is being sync. As far as we can see sync is set on the phone for mail, contacts and calenders.

On a tablet (also Android; Samsung Tab10.1) the sync is working fine on mail, contacts, tasks and (shared) calenders.

Any idea? Seems to be a "problem" with the phone but we are not sure.

thanks for the help

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: EAS and Android

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What version of Android is running on the Huawei device? And what version of MailEnable do you have installed?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kather

Post by kather »

MailEnable-Ian wrote:Hi,

What version of Android is running on the Huawei device? And what version of MailEnable do you have installed?
Huawei = Y300-0100
Android = version 4.1.1
MailEnable = Enterprise 7.50

thanx

nb. just for being complet:

Samsung = GT P5110 + Android 4.1.2

Ehenzel1978

Post by Ehenzel1978 »

I am having a similar problem, but the only thing that won't synch is the tasks to my users android phones. I am running enterprise 7.50, while I have a number of different Android phones, but the one I am testing on is a Samsung Galaxy 2, Android 4.0.4. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It was working until I upgraded to 7.50.
Eric Henzel
IT Department
Leather Italia USA

Ehenzel1978

Post by Ehenzel1978 »

Ehenzel1978 wrote:I am having a similar problem, but the only thing that won't synch is the tasks to my users android phones. I am running enterprise 7.50, while I have a number of different Android phones, but the one I am testing on is a Samsung Galaxy 2, Android 4.0.4. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It was working until I upgraded to 7.50.
Never mind. I figured out that the standard task app that comes with Android is what was causing the issue.
Eric Henzel
IT Department
Leather Italia USA