Time zone issue on Calendar: Bogota, Lima, Quito, Rio Branco

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
webshaun

Time zone issue on Calendar: Bogota, Lima, Quito, Rio Branco

Post by webshaun »

From android, stock, any new appointments that I enter come up as the "Bogota, Lima, Quito, Rio Branco" time zone instead of my default time zone. This is causing a serious issue. I've noticed this issue for almost a year now. Please fix as soon as humanly possible.
---
Shaun Rieman
Advanced Micro Technologies, LLC

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Time zone issue on Calendar: Bogota, Lima, Quito, Rio Br

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Again would be best lodging a support ticket for this one as well and provide copies of the .CAL files that are created by the sync from the Android device and EAS log files.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

I'm a customer, not your coworker. Stop asking me to support your product.
---
Shaun Rieman

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

We are unable to emulate the behavior on our side on various Android devices. I was not suggesting you support the product. I am trying to help and to gain a better understanding of how to emulate the problem. This is a discussion forum and not provided for managed support. if you require managed support and a quick solution to the problem then we need you to go through the process of lodging a ticket (lodge as a defect which is free!) and forward the information I had mentioned earlier.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

Create the calendar item on android and then open it up on outlook. Here's a screenshot. Image
---
Shaun Rieman

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

Screenshot:
---
Shaun Rieman

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

The ActiveSync protocol does not provide support for timezone names. It does provide the option to supply the standard and daylight time descriptions (although these don't provide a match to timezone name), but Android does not send this. So when an appointment is created on Android, it just gets sent up with the offset from UTC and standard/daylight savings information. When you view it in Outlook and click the option to view Timezone, the appointment has no timezone name, so Outlook is likely using the timezone you have configured in your Outlook options. Check your Outlook options for what timezone you have configured.

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

I'm sorry but you must be unaware of some setting that is affecting me and likely everyone else using mailenable. My settings are all just fine. This has affected me for almost a year now.

---
Shaun Rieman

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

You know what is even more upsetting, you people automatically assume that the problem has to do with me and not your own software. Well let me just say now, MailEnable is not improving and there are many problems I and others have been reporting since version 8. Get it working before I decide to switch platforms.
---
Shaun Rieman

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We don't assume it is to do with you. Our first response was to ask you for the information we needed in order to solve the issue, as we could not emulate it with the information you initially supplied. You didn't want to supply us with the info. Contacting our support persons a year ago likely would have resolved it back then. I'm going to lock this topic as best you use our support ticket channel for help on this.