Sync iPhone Issue 8.5

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
crittle1

Sync iPhone Issue 8.5

Post by crittle1 »

After the upgrade a client keeps losing his sync on his iPhone. I can clear his sync settings the activesync and it will pick back up and work for about a week then do the same thing. I'm having him upgrade from 6.1 to 7.1. Is there a compatibility issue with the earlier version? How do I go about fixing this?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Sync iPhone Issue 8.5

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Not sure would need a device with 6.x on it. I have iPhone 4, 5 and iPad 4th Gen with 7.1.2 and works without issues. Therefore might be best upgrading the clients device to 7.1 if that is an option.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

crittle1

Post by crittle1 »

Thank you for responding. He said he was getting a new phone this week so it should be on the new software.

He had about 600mb left out of 15GB so maybe that was an issue as well.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Ok let us know the outcome with the new device.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

crittle1

Post by crittle1 »

Update: I believe this issue may of been addressed in the new release of which I upgraded to a week ago. I was also having sync issues prior to 8.56. With that said, I am currently on 8.56 and my iphone v8.1.2 has started receiving normal notifications and syncing after I purged it from my phone and added it back in.

As far as the client, I realized the reason it worked for a week was because he would go to work, log in to the online interface and from that point his phone would push normally AS LONG as his was logged in. Once he logged out, the push stopped working on his phone. Now... he has a new phone as of 4 weeks ago, before I upgraded the server. He still cannot receive push notifications on his new phone. I ended up with the same issue and I fixed it by purging and installing back to my phone once the server was updated.

Is there ANY way to fix this on my end without having to walk him through this process yet again? It would be great if so because I feel I keep having him do this every time an issues arises.