iPhone 6 ios 8.02 Sync problem MailEnable 8.54

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
firefoxchris

iPhone 6 ios 8.02 Sync problem MailEnable 8.54

Post by firefoxchris »

Hello,

I have a client who is trying to use our licensed ActiveSync MailEnable Enterprise Server (v8.54).

It worked perfectly for a couple of days and then displayed an empty list of messages. Since then no mail is delivered to the device, they have also removed and re-added the account to their phone to no avail.

I have tested their account on an iPhone 4 with IOS 7 and it works with no problems, even after being on there for a few days, same goes for an iPad with IOS7, no problems. I have also cleared their Sync Data using the ActiveSync tool on the server, the IOS7 devices reload the list, the ios 8 is still blank.

It appears the problem is isolated to iPhone 6/ios 8.02. Have tried several reboots of the phone with client.

Has anyone experienced the empty inbox problem? We're running the latest update of MailEnable and I am stuck for ideas.

Hope someone can help or shed some light on why this may be happening.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris
Last edited by firefoxchris on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: iPhone 6 ios 8.02 Sync problem MailEnable 8.54

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Best way forward is to lodge a support ticket under defect providing access to the server.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

mike@redcactus.co.za

Post by mike@redcactus.co.za »

Same problem here... Androids work fine... just IOS 8 gives issues, just spins... can't even remove account... just spins....
I am using ME 8.5.4 Premium also.

crittle1

Post by crittle1 »

Same issue. No mail, no syncing. I've tried to reinstall several times and now it's just blank. iPhone 5 & 6 iOS 8 and 8.1

SoHoAlex

Post by SoHoAlex »

Experiencing the same here (MailEnable Enterprise Premium 8.55, but the problem also occurred with version 8.52), just lodged a support ticket

SoHoAlex

Post by SoHoAlex »

Just received an updated kit (8.56 enterprise premium) which solves this issue in our case. The iPhone 6 (iOS 8.0.1) works with EAS now.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Lodge a support ticket and we will provide you the link. We have not officially released the 8.56 that is why its not up on site.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

cl831

Post by cl831 »

I don't know why you have the update patch already, and it can solve the iOS 8.0 Sync problem, why we still need to pay for the ticket?? I think it's not special case, it should be the common issue for your mail server program need to update for the new device.

cl831

Post by cl831 »

BTW, I'm using Mail Enable Enterprise Premium 8.55 with 50 EAS License

cl831

Post by cl831 »

BTW, I'm using Mail Enable Enterprise Premium 8.55 with 50 EAS License

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
I don't know why you have the update patch already, and it can solve the iOS 8.0 Sync problem, why we still need to pay for the ticket?? I think it's not special case, it should be the common issue for your mail server program need to update for the new device.
You don't need to pay for a support submission if you log the ticket under "Defect" or "Upgrade"!
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

cl831

Post by cl831 »

Dear Support:

Many thx for your help, I think our case is caused by Wrong Click on the Remote Wipe and then Clear Synchronisation Data.

After I do this mistake, some of our client's device can't connect to EAS again, I have tried many way to solve but no luck!!!! Can you teach me what should I do now!

I have tried several method:
1) Deleted the account from mobile device, create the mail account again, the device can connect to EAS but fail to receive and sent mail.
2) Added a new account to our client, the device can connect to EAS but fail to receive and sent mail.
3) Deleted program file(x86)\mailenable\config\ActiveSync\postoffice\user\ all file, Deleted the account from mobile device, create the mail account again, the device can connect to EAS but fail to receive and sent mail.

Now, I have setup a IMAP account to our client device for temporarily use, but our client will not accept for long term.
Pls help to solve this problem, many many thx!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Many thx for your help, I think our case is caused by Wrong Click on the Remote Wipe and then Clear Synchronisation Data.

After I do this mistake, some of our client's device can't connect to EAS again, I have tried many way to solve but no luck!!!! Can you teach me what should I do now!

I have tried several method:
1) Deleted the account from mobile device, create the mail account again, the device can connect to EAS but fail to receive and sent mail.
2) Added a new account to our client, the device can connect to EAS but fail to receive and sent mail.
3) Deleted program file(x86)\mailenable\config\ActiveSync\postoffice\user\ all file, Deleted the account from mobile device, create the mail account again, the device can connect to EAS but fail to receive and sent mail.

Now, I have setup a IMAP account to our client device for temporarily use, but our client will not accept for long term.
Pls help to solve this problem, many many thx!
You need to lodge a support ticket where we can issue you with the 8.56 as it contains a fix you need for EAS to address the issue when connecting via Apple devices.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support