iPad + iPhone don't sync Notes

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
Photorer

iPad + iPhone don't sync Notes

Post by Photorer »

I run version 8.60 Enterprise Premium, and have come across a serious problem with iPad and iPhone use with ActiveSync - on the Notes side.

Notes are simply not synchronised. I have had a large number of notes disappear and some have ended up as "Recovered" messages, with 0Kb sizes.

The other elements all sync properly - mail, calendar, contacts, etc. Just Notes don't.

Can someone please give me an idea why this is the case, or suggest a way of safeguarding the Notes maintained on the iPad. Losing them is not an option!
Thanks in Advance!

crittle1

Re: iPad + iPhone don't sync Notes

Post by crittle1 »

I do not have a large number of notes or existing notes prior to testing, but I'm able to add a new note and it synchronizes with the server immediately using activesync. So I know it's working on that end here with 8.6 and iPhone 5.

Photorer

Post by Photorer »

Hi Crittle....

Thanks for checking for me - I wonder what could be causing the difference.

It is of concern, since there are notes that are simply going missing into the ether! What do you have as a setting for the notes? Have you got the Notes section as syncing under the Mail account, or under the iCloud account? Is there a way of indicating which is the default Notes account for iPad (I am new to the iWorld so don't understand all their intricacies)?

Thanks for your help!

crittle1

Post by crittle1 »

I installed the activesync through the mailenable web interfaced. It installed as a profile on my iPhone. From there, I was able to tick on and off which services I wanted on the phone via the settings > mail > server email account. Settings should be in the same area for iPad's.

If you have more than one service installed for notes.. ( and I do, I have a personal email from my internet service provider installed via imap ) ... you will see the "Accounts" button inside the notes app where you can back out of the "All Notes" area and choose what note account to view individually.

In settings > notes I have the mailenable server notes set as default.

I had notes turned off under settings > cellular. If you turn this on, it will sync over your cellular network. ( If you didn't know . )

When you say missing, are you not seeing it, at least, through ME online interface? Or is it on your phone, just not syncing to the interface?

Photorer

Post by Photorer »

Thanks for the guidance... iOS is rather different to what I'm used to!

I went in to the mail settings, and activated Notes. Now when I create a note on my iPhone, I get a corresponding note in my Outlook Notes section under that mail account, however it is not usable. I get this message:
This message has been partially recovered because an error occurred when it was deleted from the mailbox.
The System ID associated with this message is: 0388379F874B466095A5D98172903AAF.MAI
You can safely delete this message if you no longer require it.

There is no content in the message, and it says [Recovered] in Outlook.

The same message is offered under webmail.

If I create a note on Webmail, the note does pull through to the iPhone, but only the content and not the subject / heading! The same applies when I view it in Outlook.

When I create a note in Outlook, it displays correctly in Webmail (subject and content) but does not appear under the Notes on the iPhone!

From these tests it appears that iPhone is not compatible with the Notes section of Mailenable..... Or maybe its just mine!

Photorer

Post by Photorer »

I thought that perhaps it was a problem with the account I created on the iPhone, so I deleted the account, and re-created it. I have the same issues....

Thought tat I would get rid of the junk.... so deleted the test notes from webmail interface. Nothing changed on either Outlook or iPhone - even after a few minutes. Then I deleted the notes under Outlook, and they disappeared immediately from the iPhone.

Confused!

crittle1

Post by crittle1 »

Confirmed.

I just tested multiple by adding from phone. Then added from Web Mail.

Phone notes started disappearing immediately once I started adding to the online interface. The one I did earlier today wasn't there at all, but was from the online interface. This is using cellular internet and wi-fi.

It stays in the online interface, but it's very buggy trying to switch between notes. Some won't load at all, just stays on the same note to the right or takes a long time to switch.

Subject lines not downloading to the phone, only from the phone to the web interface.

You should lodge a ticked under defect.

crittle1

Post by crittle1 »

Oh I just realized they are disappearing because I'm deleting the emails I'm getting when I add in a note.
When I'm deleting them, they are disappearing from notes.

I can confirm it's still buggy viewing them online and also the subject lines are not downloading to the phones.

Photorer

Post by Photorer »

Thanks for confirming this for me - I thought I was going nuts!

I will log this as a problem.....

Photorer

Post by Photorer »

I have notified Mailenable administrators about the problem. They have identified that there is a potential issue, but so far, that's all that has happened.

I really hope that this is rectified soon!

Photorer

Post by Photorer »

No response on the ticket yet.... hoping this can be sorted out soon!

Anyone else find a solution?

Matth

Post by Matth »

Exact same problem here. Is there any update?

I'm using an iPhone 6 with iOS 9.2 and Enterprise Premium 8.61.

While trying to figure out a missing note, and updating some in Outlook/Webinterface I now ended up with all deleted on the iPhone. Thanks for that shitty product.

Surprisingly, I can see that there are notes on the webinterface, but whenever I try to look/read/update any of the notes in the webinterface, I don't see any content. They are all just blank.

Would love to get that working somehow...