MUST FIX NOW

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
webshaun

MUST FIX NOW

Post by webshaun »

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 15.0.4783.1000, time stamp: 0x56540b93
Faulting module name: pstprx32.dll, version: 15.0.4781.1000, time stamp: 0x564b2c67
Exception code: 0xc0000005

This has been broken for a year now. When are you guys going to identify and fix this so outlook doesn't crash all the time for my clients?
---
Shaun Rieman
Advanced Micro Technologies, LLC

webshaun

Re: MUST FIX NOW

Post by webshaun »

I sincerely hope this latest release fixes this issue as well. I'll install it tonight, hopefully I won't have to post again. Thanks for the completed flag work, I just wish it have been done from the beginning since I've now lost so much work because of it.
---
Shaun Rieman

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi Shaun,

The solution you had mentioned didn't work: http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=27874 ?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

No, I moved myself and all my clients away from McAfeeASAP.com small business engine as Intel is discontinuing the product line. I'm with ESET now and it is not related to virus scanning. I've seen it happen on my own systems, often when I have outlook open and at the same time I'm in webmail and empty deleted folder. Suddenly outlook crashes and doesn't come back up until you recreate the entire EAS profile. I've tried deleting EAS cache files from AppData but that didn't work either. After clearing those cache files, outlook is stable until it reaches out to mailenable server then starts to crash again. The only solution when this happens is to recreate the profile.
---
Shaun Rieman

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Tried emulating by deleting the folder contents in the deleted items folder via web mail whilst Outlook EAS open and doesn't crash Outlook 2016. We would need the EAS log files for the device and server side EAS device log files to see what the device is requesting before it crashes. The Outlook crash error in the event log is quite generic and does not provide any detail where the crash is occurring. If you can lodge a ticket and provide the EAS log files then we can help you further with this.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

Keep trying. Please, just... keep trying. connect an iphone to the same account at the same time. Really stress your test mailbox with thousands of messages, calendar items, contacts.

It seems to happen more often with iphone users but, I'm an android user and it has happened to me at least 3 or 4 times a year since v8.

It happens so randomly I can't keep EAS logging on for 3 months until it happens again on my own system. Please keep trying.
---
Shaun Rieman

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

BTW: It could have started before v8 but I don't remember when I first started using EAS with Outlook. Since I started using it, it has happened randomly.
---
Shaun Rieman

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Yes we will keep looking. I use Outlook 2016 connected to my personal MailEnable account on our production server (has over 3-4gb of data in the mailbox) which is accessed by Apple iPad device ios 9.1.2), Samsung S6 (Android 5.1.1) and other client machines via EAS all running at the same time and synchronizing at the same time and have never seen Outlook crash.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

I kept reading that the crash was related to an invalid calendar entry but it might not have been related since it was a Microsoft document.

It seems to happen to me recently when I was in webmail and was bulk manipulating/deleting messages.

The only custom outlook setting I have outside of Outlook defaults is "Define send / receive groups" "schedule an automatic send/receive every: 3 minutes". 30 minutes is too long to wait to see a new message. 3 minutes is even really too long but I didn't want to flood my own server.

I'm pretty sure it isn't plugin related since even when I disable plugins and the behavior doesn't stop.
---
Shaun Rieman

tomr

Post by tomr »

Was this ever resolved I still have clients crashing with acvtivesync. one is every 2 to 3 days another once every one or two weeks. I have others but not as common. One client quit me because 5 of their computers crashed every week. I had to keep rebuilding their profiles.

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

Tom, do your clients also have iphones connected to their accounts? I'm trying to figure out what triggers this because it continues to happen and I'm tired of being asked to be a guinea pig.
---
Shaun Rieman

tomr

Post by tomr »

On some yes. But the two that I have the most trouble are android. One of the account that has problems every several days or so is mine. And since I deplore apple products none have ever touched my account! I turned in a ticket and have log files to send support. I've googled this issue till i'm blue in the face and a calendar issue seems to always pop up. That's the main reason my clients use active sync is for the calendar.

tomr

Post by tomr »

The crazy thing is I can set to "work offline" and it never crashes. If I simply cut off the network it still crashes on startup. Plus it is only after Outlook is shut down and you start it it up that it first crashes. Never once has it crashed first then get messed up. For me Its on both 2013 and 2016. My client that was using it all had 2016.

--tom

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

Yeah those are the symptoms. Also, you can delete the exchange cache file and starts ok. As soon as it tries to reach out to the server it bombs. You have to recreate the account for it to work again.
---
Shaun Rieman

tomr

Post by tomr »

Just wanted to post my latest experience with outlook crashing.

I switched email servers and i no longer have outlook crashing (knock on wood).

Been operating with a new server for two weeks with NO problems with Active sync. I did not upgrade because of the crashing I upgraded for speed, memory, disk space, etc...

I upgraded from Windows 2003 R2 to Windows 2008 R2. both are 64 bit.

--tom