Outlook 2016 crashes

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
kather

Outlook 2016 crashes

Post by kather »

using since some weeks Office 2016 and (again) Outlook 2016; the first few days it works fine.
Knowing of existing issues with Outlook and the EAS protocol I have first added one account and set the option 'keep message offline' to all. It took a while but after some time it was all available local. Not any problem.

Having 2 mail accounts I then added the second mail account. Here I set the option to keep mail offline to 1 month. Also here all went well; it took some time but after some time I also had all the mail local.

Keeping this for a week nothing went wrong.

After a week I decided to change the option from the second account 'keep mail offline' to the value all. And just after changing that option an restarting Windows / Outlook the problems began. After starting Outlook then inbox was showing and direct after that the application crashed.

I have tried several given solutions from this forum but also from other sources. Still no luck. Now trying to repair the ost file with the inbox repair tool (scanost.exe; installed with office). Still no luck; keeps crashing.

Last option now is to remove the account and create it from the start again. Hopefully that will work.

But perhaps it is now possible form mailenable to reproduce the error and find a solution for it. Let's hope so.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Outlook 2016 crashes

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kather

Post by kather »

We did a new setup for the 2 mail accounts; both with all default values. Until now no problem crashing.
Searching the web it rather looks like it is a Outlook problem then a Mail Enable problem.

Still it can be improved. Initial setup (downloading messages) can take quit some time; see also http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=41010

But when you are patient after some period all messages will be downloaded.

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

This just happened to me again. Outlook crashed and continues to crash on reload until the entire profile is wiped out and recreated from scratch. This is clearly an issue with mailenable. I know you guys keep saying that it is a third party issue but that only means that your activesync protocol is unstable.
---
Shaun Rieman
Advanced Micro Technologies, LLC

kather

Re: Outlook 2016 crashes (work around)

Post by kather »

Using EAS on two workstations in Outlook on the same mail box seems to be an issue also.
We use EAS for all mail boxes and when it is a single (not shared) mail box everything goes well. Using EAS on a shared mail box (and also with more then 3Gb messages) will cause problems and crashes.

We understand that Outlook tries to get all messages at the same time to the local instance of Outlook. While on a phone (tablet, other device) EAS it getting messages the moment you open the relevant folder. Using EAS with a shared mailbox on other devices then Outlook does not cause any problems.

We are now using the MAPI connector on the two workstations with the shared mail box. until now no crashes.

Perhaps this situation will help by finding any solution. Because using EAS is better then using another local component.