Gmail App Crashing

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
MartynK

Gmail App Crashing

Post by MartynK »

I have a Samsung S8 and running ActiveSync, whenever I enable the calendar to sync, it crashes the email app

I have deleted the account, reset the sync on the server, nothing seems to fix the issue.

Anyone have an idea ?

MartynK

Re: Gmail App Crashing

Post by MartynK »

Just checked, its also crashing on my Nexus 5.

I have tried deleting the accounts on the phones, clearing the active sync data on the server, but still it crashes.

Next I created a new mailbox on a different domain, setup active sync, sent a few test emails, created a couple of contacts and then created a calendar entry, BOOM, Gmail crashed again.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Ok so you only have the Gmail app on the Samsung S8 for mail and calendar? You dont use the native email client at all? Just trying to understand the setup better so I can setup the device on my end and try to emulate the behavior.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Ian,

If you mean the Samsung Email app yes its on the phone, to be honest I have never tried it as I have always used the Gmail app with Active Sync.
I will give it a try.

It really has been working fine your ages now, then boom.

Again I will need to look, but I would have though the Gmail app is the native app on my Nexus.

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Hi, thats has solved the problem on my S8, using the app provided on the phone and not the Gmail one.

I need to now go back to my Nexus, I have only ever had the Gmail app on that phone and it is now crashing.

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

I have tried all sorts on my Nexus 5, but no matter what it crashes all the time.

I can only say something had changed either in ME or in Gmail app over the last couple of months.

Any ideas ?