Exchange ActiveSync on Android

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
Matth

Exchange ActiveSync on Android

Post by Matth »

I do have a problem with a new Android phone that can't get to setup an email as Exchange mail.

I get the following error message on the phone:
Account check error
Exchange mail server (EWS): Invalid server repsonse. HTTP/1.1 404 Unable to Write Posted File.
Please make sure your settings are correct.
On the server I seem to get this entry in the log file:
10/27/17 10:10:07 {8864} ME-IXXXX: [2732] Access to resource requires authentication.
10/27/17 10:10:07 {8864} (Debug) [0] end of conversation
10/27/17 10:10:08 {11616} User name@email.com granted F access to resource
10/27/17 10:10:08 {11616} (Debug) [0] end of conversation
The server is an Enterprise Premium 9.77 with valid EAS licenses. The mobile is on Android 7.0 and uses Aqua Mail as the client.

How can I get this Android phone to setup properly? The same address works just fine on an iPhone.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Exchange ActiveSync on Android

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Does the Android device have a native email client? If so have you tried setting an EAS account on that client? It looks like the error from Aqua mail client is trying to connect via EWS which is different to EAS.

From the Aqua-mail website:
Works with many other email services via standard Internet email protocols (IMAP, POP3, SMTP) as well as Microsoft’s EWS (Exchange Web Services) protocol.
Microsoft Exchange is supported via IMAP or EWS. EWS includes access to server side contacts (personal and global, with search), and two-way Calendar and Contact sync (so you can use your favorite Calendar / Contacts apps or widgets).
http://www.aqua-mail.com/?page_id=22
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support