Outlook App for android or ios no longer able to connect for new accounts

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
robind

Outlook App for android or ios no longer able to connect for new accounts

Post by robind »

Hi
We have noticed that the Microsoft Outlook App can no longer connect and set up a Mailenable account on ios or Android. We have tried numerous devices and the same issue. Thought at first MS might have broken something in one of their updates - as in activesync compatibility however we have successfully connected to an activesync mDaemon server without any difficulty

This is only with setting up an account and doesn't affect accounts that are already configured. Anyone have any ideas?

mheidelberger

Re: Outlook App for android or ios no longer able to connect for new accounts

Post by mheidelberger »

Have you figured anything out with this? I turned logging on and I see logs being generated in a specific device folder but the app keeps telling me 'Unable to log in'. Nothing shows up in the autodiscover logs though.

mheidelberger

Post by mheidelberger »

I have been working with the support from inside the outlook app and they said
This has now been reported to the engineering team with all the required details so that it can be investigated. At this point, we don't have much information or ETA of the fix.
The also said
If any details or follow up is required, we will follow up on this thread. Otherwise, the issue should resolve in one of the future updates.
So maybe this could be resolved soon from their end?

billwetson

Post by billwetson »

mheidelberger wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:06 pm
I have been working with the support from inside the outlook app and they said
This has now been reported to the engineering team with all the required details so that it can be investigated. At this point, we don't have much information or ETA of the fix.
The also said
If any details or follow up is required, we will follow up on this thread. Otherwise, the issue should resolve in one of the future updates.
So maybe this could be resolved soon from their end?
Still having the issue, Microsoft Support have sent me round in circles with no suggestions of what to do other than contacting other support people.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Have you reviewed: https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020644
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

billwetson

Post by billwetson »

MailEnable-Ian wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:23 am
Hi,

Have you reviewed: https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020644
Thanks for your reply and no I haven't read this article yet