Sync on Mobile works only randomly

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
Matth

Sync on Mobile works only randomly

Post by Matth »

Ever since updating the server to Version 10.29 my mobile Android phone has major problems syncing the mails.

On one phone I get simply no mails. I then installed the same mail client to another, old phone and it's not much better there. There at least I do get regularly the message that auto-sync is turned off and asks me to turn it on again.

Strange enough, some accounts do get synced, while others only work every now and then. Normally I used to get the mails immediately and with not delay. I haven't made any changes to the phone, so I'm quite positive that it is not the phone.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Sync on Mobile works only randomly

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The best way forward here would be to lodge a support ticket and provide the device/mailbox ActiveSync log files to be analysed in more detail by a MailEnable technician. To enable the ActiveSync server side log files please review the following article: https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=me020611

Please also provide detail of the email client being used on the Android device and which model it is.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Matth

Post by Matth »

I did submit a ticket, on Feb 28. Still no reply as to what this causes? Do you have any update on that? How long is it gonna take?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What is the ticket number?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Matth

Post by Matth »

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Ok thanks. The developers are still looking into it sorry. We can see that it looks to a threading issue on the server side but its going to take more time to confirm and rectify the issue. For managed responses though, please reply to your open ticket.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Matth

Post by Matth »

I have replied there, but didn't get an answer. So thanks for the update.

Matth

Post by Matth »

Just an update for anybody else having a problem.

After half a year of silence there is still no solution despite they happily took my money for the support call.

One of the major reasons for me to use Mailenable is to have an Outlook integration with the Exchange functionality. Since the MAPI client in Outlook is very buggy and extremely slow I was coping with it as it used to work at least with my phone. Since I can't synchronize my mails and not even my contacts anymore with the mailbox, there's literally no reason left for me to use this product. A shame, but even after using Mailenable for +10 years, there's always a time to say good bye. I guess it has arrived for me.

Supermule

Post by Supermule »

I restart all services to fix that issue.

I have a Samsung PAD and a Samsung phone... the phone works fine, but the pad falls out of sync.

Nothing works except a reboot or restart of all services.

Its annoying and a huge problem for our clients.

I need to create a task to restart services every 15 mins.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

I have a Samsung PAD and a Samsung phone... the phone works fine, but the pad falls out of sync.

What version of MailEnable are you running? What version of Android is running on the Samsung device and what email client are you using?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Matth

Post by Matth »

@Supermule I'm quite happy to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. I seriously started to doubt my installation and/or mobile phone to have an issue.

Not that I want you to have issues, of course not, but it hopefully might provide some more insight as to where the actual problem is to finally get it fixed. I'm still having my "old" client running on my mobile phone and it is every now and then (pretty randomly, every 2-3 weeks or so) catching up with the mails/calendars but definitely not regularly let alone immediately as it should. This catching up even works without me opening the mail client, though that doesn't have any effect.

Just for the sake of trying, I just opened my mail client (BlueMail) and restarted all the server services. Pulling/refreshing the mail client doesn't download any new mails. The latest mail is from 12.2.2021, so the restart of the services didn't help in my case.

My best bet is still to do a manual sync on my mobile by going into settings - accounts - bluemail - account - sync now. At least for the calendar and contacts that usually updates the values, even when the mails don't get updated. But it's quite frustrating.

Supermule

Post by Supermule »

10.32 Enterprise Premium

Phone: Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Android 11, std android email app version 6.1.31.2
Pad: Galaxy tab S7+, Android 11, std android email app version 6.1.31.2
MailEnable-Ian wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:17 pm
Hi,

What version of MailEnable are you running? What version of Android is running on the Samsung device and what email client are you using?

Supermule

Post by Supermule »

Can you try another app??

I am using the std. android apps for email since I dont want apps like outlook to mess things up.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

To understand why the devices are not syncing we will need access to the ActiveSync log files for those devices. The article below explains how to enable the logging on the server. The recommendation is to enable the log files and then monitor for when the issue occurs. When it does, log into the web mail client for that mailbox to ensure the new message has been delivered to the inbox. Then right click one of the messages and select download source. This will download the raw message with a unique ID. Once you have this information log a support ticket under "Upgrade" (free submission) and then provide the raw message and zipped copies of the ActiveSync server log files.

MailEnable ActiveSync logging and how to associate a device/mailbox to the ActiveSync conversation log files:
https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=me020611

Also if you inspect the Windows event log are there any errors reported relating to MailEnable and ActiveSync?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Supermule

Post by Supermule »

Hi Ian

Nothing in the event logs at all.

If I get an error again on the devices I will do as you suggests.

Since I made the script for restarting the services every 3 hrs, all devices are connecting with no issues.

Can you include a schedule for restarting the services as a integral part of the Mailenable Admin Console?? So one can chose to restart them on a schedule.