ME Licensing Server went down again

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
sagelike

ME Licensing Server went down again

Post by sagelike »

Hi guys

Your licensing server went down for about 45-60 minutes and took down all our activesync clients.

Can you make some changes so that if Activesync can't contact your server it continues working for up to 24 hours before failing?

It's crazy that our entire Activesync universe crashes for everyone the moment your Activesync licensing server goes offline. Some buffer period would be a reasonable way to deal with that.

I asked this question a couple of years ago and never got an answer. Hopefully someone will answer this time.

I realize things go down once in a blue moon but this seems like an easily avoidable problem and it would take the pressure off you guys instead of fielding anxious calls from us.

Thanks
G

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: ME Licensing Server went down again

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience. When the license server goes offline it does not cause license validation issues as there is a long grace period. The problem was that it did not go offline but was returning an incorrect license result due to a failure that was being handled, rather than just rejecting the license request. We have made the relevant changes to handle this scenario to ensure it does not reoccur.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sagelike

Re: ME Licensing Server went down again

Post by sagelike »

Thanks for the explanation Ian. That clarifies things.