Random issues suddenly started.

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
MartynK

Random issues suddenly started.

Post by MartynK »

My ActiveSync has started playing up on my account.

1st my contacts vanished from my mobile, then email stopped updating, then vanished, using the Android email and contacts apps
So I fired up another phone which I have as a backup, it had not been used in over a month, its contacts then email all vanished.

I have found that if I switch off Sync in the accounts, leave it for 5 mins and then switch it back on after Force Stopping the email and Contacts apps,
the data comes back for a "random" period of time. This has now happened about 5 times.

I have tried the clear sync data on the ActiveSync console, but that fixed nothing.

2nd one of my PCs decided it needed to reset the whole account when I started outlook, so I watched as all my folders vanished down to the few core inbox, outbox etc, then started coming back again.

3rd another PC, has just stopped updating and is stuck on Tuesday, its now Friday and a restart of outlook does nothing and all it says is "waiting for server response..."

Anyone got any ideas ?

MartynK

Re: Random issues suddenly started.

Post by MartynK »

This is still happening, my phone decided to drop all the contacts again today for no reason.

The only option was to :

- delete the account from the phone.
- clear the data and cache from email and contacts.
- force stop the apps.
- "Clear Sync Data" using the Mailenable ActiveSync Console

One this was complete, I then recreate the account on my phone and let it sync from the start again.

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

For the second time in a day, my contacts have vanished from my phone and my email has also gone.

It was all working when I last looked, but its only been a matter of 8 hours since I last had to reset the account.

I am seriously thinking there must be some bug here somewhere, but where ?

Mailenable, any ideas, I pay for this service and its not working.

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

The plot thickens.

So I login to a PC that I have not used in a few days, but Outlook was still running or so I thought.

It not updated its inbox since yesterday morning and all Outlook keeps displaying is a message that alternates between "Waiting for server Response" and "all folders up to date".

Even restarting Outlook and a PC reboot do not seem to want to get the latest emails from the server using Active Sync.

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

So where I am today.

My phone reset itself 3 times yesterday, losing both contacts and email.

So I created a new mailbox and copied my contacts to the new mailbox.

Now I am syncing email from one account and contacts from another, currently this seems stable.

Outlook is still hung on my main PC and has not updated since Monday.

Outlook on my laptop is having issues every now and then, a number of times it hangs on "waiting for server response" and if I click anywhere on the app, it hangs and needs restarting.

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

So the latest update.

My contacts seems stable at the moment, with on exception, updates are not getting to/from the phone.

If I make a change (add/change/delete) on the phone they dont sync to the server, if I make a change on my PC, they get to the server but not my email client.

How can I nudge the server or phone to get the updates ?

Thanks

Supermule

Post by Supermule »

Restart all services on the mailenable server. That solves the issues we are facing as it is now.

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Unfortunately that does not work for me, I have tried everything when it comes to this issue.

With my contacts it seems the only way to get a full update to my current Android phone is to clear it down and then re-add the account.

Supermule

Post by Supermule »

I faced the same and created a script for restarting all mailenable services every 3 hrs.

It has run problem free ever since.

It started with my android pad not confirming the account despite configured identically to my phone.

A reboot solved it at first hand... then it happened again. A restart of all the services solved it.

And ever since restarting every 3 hrs, then all phones are connected and synced.