first setup help please help i given up

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
craigst

first setup help please help i given up

Post by craigst »

right where do i start

well i have a vps windows server 2012 r2 with Plesk v12.0.18_build20150128.13 and dns with OVH and MailEnable WebMail 8.60 installed

well all seems enabled but first issue web mail

webmail.website.com fails to load :

on remote pc:
This web page is not available

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
and....
The server at webmail.vps124483.ovh.net can't be found because the DNS look-up failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.

if i load it on local server :
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information:
Module IIS Web Core
Notification Unknown
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x80070005
Config Error Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
Config File \\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Bin\NetWebMail\web.config
Requested URL http://webmail.evoonline.co.uk:80/

so cant log in to webmail

second issue in in enablemail diagnostic :

SMTP Outbound Queue Status Test

The following table outlines the status of messages queued to remote hosts. The list also reports the sender, the target domain and the subject of each message. This can be useful in diagnosing if large quantities of mail are being sent from your postmaster account or there is spam being relayed through your server. You should review your log files if any errors are reported and check the MailEnable Knowledge Base for explanations of why hosts could be rejecting mail from your server.
Message ID Sender -> Target Domain:: Subject Result Status
35D366EC49894E64874CF0EC7E04A518.MAI
[SMTP:root@vps124483.ovh.net] me.com
Plesk was successfully updated
The socket connection to the remote host failed. The host was either not contactable or it rejected your connection.
It may be that this server is offline or that you are redirecting Spam to this server and you have been blacklisted. To determine who is redirecting mail to this domain, you should use the Redirection Query Utility. See Also: KB: ME020207. Warn
5130B38CD92D4C8CA161EB3973652B6A.MAI
[SMTP:craigst@me.com] me.com
Parallels Panel Scheduler notification
The socket connection to the remote host failed. The host was either not contactable or it rejected your connection.
It may be that this server is offline or that you are redirecting Spam to this server and you have been blacklisted. To determine who is redirecting mail to this domain, you should use the Redirection Query Utility. See Also: KB: ME020207. Warn
9EFAEBD87787424C8011161A74D64AE0.MAI
B27B83B8AC9240BE93D40829274319F3.MAI
DNS Resolution Test

The following table outlines the results of a DNS Resolution test. In this test, the server attempts to lookup www.mailenable.com.
It also attempts to locate MX Records for your local/home SMTP domain.
Test Detail Test Data Test Response Status
Network DNS Test Resolve www.mailenable.com using Network Adapter IP Settings. Success Pass
Remote Mail Domain Resolution Test (mailenable.com) Error: Could not resolve your mailenable.com in DNS. You should make sure that your DNS specified in the SMTP properties is able to resolve remote domain names. Error: Could not resolve DNS. (1460) Fail
Local Mail Domain Resolution Test (home) Error: Could not resolve your Local Domain Name in DNS. You should change the local domain name to a domain name that is registered in DNS. This setting is found in the MMC under the properties of the SMTP Connector Error: Could not resolve DNS. (123) Fail
The DNS settings used by the SMTP Connector have caused tests to 'Fail'. Some diagnostic tests have been skipped. Please review your configuration and re-run this utility. Fail

these are the only errors in Diagnostic Report

final i attached a image off the overview , im assuming most my issues are in my dns / plesk
and image of my dns settings ,

been working on this for 8 month and now admitting i need help duno what to do i really sumone can help
Attachments
enable mail.jpg
enable mail.jpg (156.8 KiB) Viewed 18841 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: first setup help please help i given up

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
on remote pc:
This web page is not available

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
and....
The server at webmail.vps124483.ovh.net can't be found because the DNS look-up failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.

if i load it on local server :
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information:
Module IIS Web Core
Notification Unknown
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x80070005
Config Error Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
Config File \\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Bin\NetWebMail\web.config
Requested URL http://webmail.evoonline.co.uk:80/

so cant log in to webmail
Most likely you are missing handler mappings. Therefore open the Server Manager utility for windows. Click on "Add roles and features" and under the roles node expand "Web Server > Web Server (installed) > Application development (installed). Ensure that the ASP.NET components are all installed and ISAPI extensions. Under the "Features" node ensure the .NET Framework for 4 or 3 are installed.
second issue in in enablemail diagnostic :

SMTP Outbound Queue Status Test

The following table outlines the status of messages queued to remote hosts. The list also reports the sender, the target domain and the subject of each message. This can be useful in diagnosing if large quantities of mail are being sent from your postmaster account or there is spam being relayed through your server. You should review your log files if any errors are reported and check the MailEnable Knowledge Base for explanations of why hosts could be rejecting mail from your server.
Message ID Sender -> Target Domain:: Subject Result Status
35D366EC49894E64874CF0EC7E04A518.MAI
[SMTP:root@vps124483.ovh.net] me.com
Plesk was successfully updated
5130B38CD92D4C8CA161EB3973652B6A.MAI
9EFAEBD87787424C8011161A74D64AE0.MAI
B27B83B8AC9240BE93D40829274319F3.MAI
DNS Resolution Test

The following table outlines the results of a DNS Resolution test. In this test, the server attempts to lookup www.mailenable.com.
It also attempts to locate MX Records for your local/home SMTP domain.
Test Detail Test Data Test Response Status
Network DNS Test Resolve www.mailenable.com using Network Adapter IP Settings. Success Pass
Remote Mail Domain Resolution Test (mailenable.com) Error: Could not resolve your mailenable.com in DNS. You should make sure that your DNS specified in the SMTP properties is able to resolve remote domain names. Error: Could not resolve DNS. (1460) Fail
Local Mail Domain Resolution Test (home) Error: Could not resolve your Local Domain Name in DNS. You should change the local domain name to a domain name that is registered in DNS. This setting is found in the MMC under the properties of the SMTP Connector Error: Could not resolve DNS. (123) Fail
The DNS settings used by the SMTP Connector have caused tests to 'Fail'. Some diagnostic tests have been skipped. Please review your configuration and re-run this utility. Fail

these are the only errors in Diagnostic Report

final i attached a image off the overview , im assuming most my issues are in my dns / plesk
and image of my dns settings ,

been working on this for 8 month and now admitting i need help duno what to do i really sumone can help
Open a Windows command prompt and type: ipconfig /all. Note down the DNS addresses and then use those addresses within the MailEnable SMTP properties under the General tab and restart the service. Once restarted run the diagnostics again.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

craigst

Post by craigst »

dns settings just in case
Attachments
dns.jpg
dns.jpg (129.25 KiB) Viewed 18820 times

craigst

Post by craigst »

ok , lil improvement from a remote from remote pc webmail. domain.com
has Server Error

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

i cant find where to change enable mail settings all i have is a try icon ,

ahhh, i found whole new window in server for setting , looks like webmail for domain was not on , and few other settings i never seen so having a play in there will let you know

regards craig

craigst

Post by craigst »

ok , still getting no where with the webmail local or remote same errors , i have a msc file and html diagnostic file but cant upload to here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-2Xz3 ... sp=sharing

so theres a link , hope it helps

cheers it seems there mail in there but cant view it

kinjo

Post by kinjo »

[*]Found the solution
its my chrome's problem
now everything is working
thanks