Bad Mail - Error

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
VerticalNMC

Bad Mail - Error

Post by VerticalNMC »

Hi All,

Looking for some assistance, we had instances of (what seemed to be) random emails being moved to badmail looking through the logs the only error for these emails I could find were in the SF debug log which stated the below-

Failed to copy message, error (2) occurred when delivering to PO=*Postoffice* MBX=*Mbx*. Retrying.
Delivery failure occurred (error 2) when delivering to PO=*Postoffice* MBX=*Mbx*. Message moved to bad mail

I have resolved the issue by restarting the postoffice service however I would be interested as to what this error is pertaining to so as we could prevent it from occurring again.

Thank you in advance.

Jason

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Bad Mail - Error

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Check the MTA log files to see if there was problems routing to the SF queue. Also ensure that you don't have any resident AV software on the server scanning the MailEnable queues. If so exclude the MailEnable "Queues" folder from scanner as it can lock messages as they are routed to respective queues. Are there any errors reported within the Windows event log at the time of the error in the SF logs?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

VerticalNMC

Post by VerticalNMC »

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for your response, the MTA logs are showing this mail queued to SF successfully and the AV is configured to not scan the Mailenable queues, windows event viewer also doesn't show any errors, I should add that the badmails are all marked with 'X-ME-BADMAIL: TRANSFERCOPYFAILED, Message Transfer Copy Failed'. does the (error 2) relate to anything specifically?

Kind Regards

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The error 2 is a Windows copy error which means "File Not Found". Therefore the message this is indicating that the message file is being removed by something before the SF connector can process it. Do you have any MTA pickup events for filtering spam? You might wan to try and enable high level debug logging for the MTA and SF services which provide more clues when it happens again.

Here is an article which explains how to enable higher level debug logging: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/ar ... D=me020585
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support