Users repeatedly asked for login

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
tonnisen

Users repeatedly asked for login

Post by tonnisen »

Hi ...

I have a Windows 2012 server with Plesk Onyx, and Mail Enable Professionel 9.76.

Im hosting a lot of customers, and a couple of the domains has this weird problem.
In som periods they are repeatedly asked to enter login for accessting mail.

Both Outlook and Mail on a mac, keeps saying that it cannot connect to the mail server, and they should enter the PASSWORD once again.

after a couple of hours or a day, it stops and they can login with no poroblem.

this has been a problem for maybe 6 month, so i have tried to update, windows/plesk/mailenable.

Anyone have a cule on how to fix, or find the course ?

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Users repeatedly asked for login

Post by Admin »

Make sure you don't have the account lockout feature enabled. This can cause this appearance. You can check to see whether a mailbox is locked out by double clicking it in the administration program to show the mailbox properties. Where the password entry textbox is will be an indication of whether it is locked out. You can disable lockout under the localhost settings.

dd14

Post by dd14 »

This issue is a real problem. I have been having this going on and off for few of my clients and ALL WITH MACs. I tried everything. The only thing that works is to wait it out for few days, but issue comes back.

This is more of a rant as i'm pushing my clients to go Microsoft Office 365 or Google's G Suit. This issue is not helping!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The next step is to analyse log files to see why the user is being prompted for authentication. In order for a technician to assist further with this please lodge a valid ticket via our support form. You can then provide the relevant information and log files that way.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support