MailEnable Authentication TD Provider - MEIMAPS.exe error 1326 unknown username and password

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
sann.sor

MailEnable Authentication TD Provider - MEIMAPS.exe error 1326 unknown username and password

Post by sann.sor »

Hi support, I got message for some users (most of users) on my environment. My Mmailenable is version 10.26 running on Windows Server 2008 Standard 64bit. My MailEnable is integrated with domain. All user accounts username of mail and password are same domain account. It is happening after I upgraded Domain controller from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2016 with complexity password policy applied on domain controller. My users is always receive account is locked out and when I check by ADlockstatus.exe troubleshooting tools, it said, it caused by mail server (hostname of Mail Server showing). When I go to check in MailEnable I receive most of users got like below. I found the temporary fix by disable (Do not require Kerberos preauthentication). This solution will not locked out user account but still receive in event log on mail server like below too.
"The description for Event ID 10000 from source MailEnable cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
MailEnable Authentication TD Provider (C:\PROGRA~2\MAILEN~1\Bin64\MEIMAPS.exe) error: 1326
Windows Authentication for User (domainuser@subdomain.domainname.local) on Domain () failed with error (1326): Unknown user name or bad password. The message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table"

Appreciate your suggestion and comments.

Thank you,

Sor