X-ME-BADMAIL: CONNECTORTRANSFERERROR, Connector Transfer Error

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
lwilson1973

X-ME-BADMAIL: CONNECTORTRANSFERERROR, Connector Transfer Error

Post by lwilson1973 »

Hi all

I'm new here, but a long time user of MailEnable.

A few days ago, the IP of my server was being blacklisted by UCEPROTECT Level 3. This is very bad. It blacklists entire subnets. Fortunately, it was not my server that was sending the spam, I just happened to be in the subnet, and eventually the blacklisting was lifted.

Following that, all outbound mail was ending up in Bad Mail, with the X-ME-BADMAIL: CONNECTORTRANSFERERROR, Connector Transfer Error.

No-one at the hosting company could figure this out.

Following a reboot of the box, the issue went away, and email is being delivered now.

Any ideas what might have caused this? Is it related to the blacklisting?
My hosting company want to charge me to investigate this, but I feel as this could be them at fault, they should do it for free.

Many thanks in advance.

Lee.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: X-ME-BADMAIL: CONNECTORTRANSFERERROR, Connector Transfer Error

Post by Admin »

This error indicates that the message could not be moved between queues by the MTA service. Check the MTA Debug log, it will have a line which includes "could not be transferred from" with an error code. The error code will be the Windows error code when copying files and will indicate the problem. Could be a missing directory (reinstall MailEnable), out of disk space, disk error, etc.