[SOLVED]Shared NOT Working

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
poweredge

[SOLVED]Shared NOT Working

Post by poweredge »

Latest version 10.34

Somehow, when I click Connect, there is no response, but the fact is Shared is indeed connected already
2.jpg
2.jpg (19.59 KiB) Viewed 16315 times
and clicking the Connect button 2nd time, it said Failed, share may already exist.
1.jpg
1.jpg (70.54 KiB) Viewed 16315 times
So this leaves no way to Unconnect it.

I've removed both testing users and re-create them again, and test the Shared function, result is still the same.

Webmail feature is default in localhost setting.

1. Is this a bug?
2. When connecting with Thunderbird, those Shared Calendar/Contact events won't show at all.
3. Btw, how to sync Contact with Thunderbird, seems only Calendar works, but not Contact.

Please kindly help.
Last edited by poweredge on Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Shared NOT Working

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
1. Is this a bug?
You need to right click the connected shared resource and click "Disconnect".
2. When connecting with Thunderbird, those Shared Calendar/Contact events won't show at all.
Sharing is not supported in the CalDAV protocol.
3. Btw, how to sync Contact with Thunderbird, seems only Calendar works, but not Contact.
You need use third party Thunderbird extensions. CardSync is one.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

poweredge

Post by poweredge »

Thanks Ian.

Btw, for sync Contact, I've installed Cardbook, but somehow it doesn't pull the address from the server.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

If you use the same URL you specified in the Carddav client in a browser do you see a MailEnable response page?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

poweredge

Post by poweredge »

MailEnable-Ian wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:57 am
Hi,

If you use the same URL you specified in the Carddav client in a browser do you see a MailEnable response page?
I am using Thunderbird (TB), I didn't specify anything in order to get the Calendar (Caldav) working, but not for Carddav (ie, Contact)

Is there a place I can manually input my Carddav URL in TB?

Btw, I see the Carddav URL in my iPhone Carddav, but there is no such option for Carddav or Caldav in TB, can't find them in Cardbook Add-In as well somehow.

poweredge

Post by poweredge »

SOLVED, Found the location to add Address book from Remote Server in Cardbook
123121.jpg
123121.jpg (164.38 KiB) Viewed 16275 times

poweredge

Post by poweredge »

MailEnable-Ian wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:57 am
Hi,

Calendar/Contact all working in Thunderbird, except Task, and Task is Greyout somehow, it's using the same setting as Calendar Caldav, any idea? Thx

Btw, fyi, task is working in iPhone, so it must be related to TB task setting.
2.jpg
2.jpg (98.67 KiB) Viewed 16272 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (86.01 KiB) Viewed 16272 times

poweredge

Post by poweredge »

SOLVED, by adding another Add-on Tbsync to enable TaskSync with Mailenable

So to conclude is that correct to say we need to install 3 different Add-On on Thunderbird in order to sync with Calendar (Lighting Calendar Tab) /Contact (Cardbook)/Task (Tbsync)? Seemed missing any of the three will result one of them not working somehow.
1.jpg
1.jpg (204.96 KiB) Viewed 16268 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (136.31 KiB) Viewed 16268 times
Update: I think you only need to install JUST ONE Add-On "Tbsync" in order for all three Calendar/Contact/Tasks to work.
Btw, Lighting Calendar Tab also worked now for Tasks now, as you need to https://mail.domain.com:8443/dav/calendars/user/test@domain.com/Tasks/ not just https://mail.domain.com:8443/calendars (previous configured as this), but Tbsync can automatically detect the long URL setting with "https://mail.domain.com:8443", so it's better than Lighting Calendar Tab