Webmail: adding to whitelist also adds entry to blacklist and vice-versa

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
kevvyc

Webmail: adding to whitelist also adds entry to blacklist and vice-versa

Post by kevvyc »

We're using MailEnable v10.37 Enterprise.

We rarely use webmail, however it appears to be the only (easy) way to add domains to whitelists/blacklists, and it needs to be done in individual mailboxes.

A user added a domain to the whitelist, and it placed it in the Send/Domain box under Whitelist, however when she clicked Save, it also added it to the Blacklist. The same thing occurs when adding it to a Blacklist (clicking Save also adds it to the Whitelist.) We typically use Chrome, however I had her try it in Edge, and the same thing occurred. I am able to easily replicate. The attachment shows the result of adding aol.com to my Whitelist and clicking Save. The same thing occurs when adding individual email addresses.

We didn't realize this was occurring until a person from the domain she whitelisted contacted her (a different way) to say that their emails were being blocked. She went in and checked and saw that the domain was in both lists. When she removed it from the Blacklist, it also removed it from the Whitelist.

Kevin
Attachments
2021-11-03_17-17-53.jpg
2021-11-03_17-17-53.jpg (68.74 KiB) Viewed 12877 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Webmail: adding to whitelist also adds entry to blacklist and vice-versa

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The issue with adding whitelist/blacklists has been fixed in the latest 10.37 on the downloads page. You need to download and update and ensure that your are not running a beta version of 10.37.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kevvyc

Re: Webmail: adding to whitelist also adds entry to blacklist and vice-versa

Post by kevvyc »

Hi -

Thanks for the response; I double-checked and saw that we're running 10.36, so we'll be upgrading over the weekend.

Kevin