NO SPF record + no mail server login page

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
aminaz

NO SPF record + no mail server login page

Post by aminaz »

Hi

I am seeing this in the diagnose report.

No SPF record found for mail.sibedo.com. (DNS_ERROR_RCODE_NAME_ERROR) - DNS Zone/Domain could not be found. I can not open mail enable sign in page (mail.sibedo.com) in web browser too.

I can not open mail.sibedo.com in web browser also.

these are what I also set for DNS by my domain provider:
A 5.45.101.159
MX mail.sibedo.com
TXT v=spf1 a mx mail.sibedo.com ~all
_domainconnect TXT www.namesilo.com/domainconnect

What should I do now?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: NO SPF record + no mail server login page

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Firstly when I ping mail.sibedo.com it does not resolve. Please results below from ping test:

C:\Users\ian>ping mail.sibedo.com
Ping request could not find host mail.sibedo.com. Please check the name and try again.

You will need to address the MX record issue within your DNS provider so that it resolves to the MailEnable servers IP address.

I have no issues accessing web mail on http://5.45.101.159/mewebmail/. The reason why you cannot access it http://mail.sibedo.com is because the host name does not resolve.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

aminaz

Post by aminaz »

thank you for your reply, now I have changed my records to the following:
A>
sibedo.com 5.45.101.159
www.sibedo.com 5.45.101.159
webadmin.sibedo.com 5.45.101.159
webmail.sibedo.com 5.45.101.159
mail.sibedo.com 5.45.101.159
MX>
mail.sibedo.com 5.45.101.159
TXT >
v=spf1 a mx ip4:5.45.101.159 ~all
_dmarc v=DMARC1; p=none
_domainconnect www.namesilo.com/domainconnect

and now I can open mail.sibedo.com in web browseer and I can login with username and password that I have set before, but I cannot open webadmin.sibedo.com.
I have checked "enable web administration for post office" and created webadmin.sibedo.com and webmail.sibedo.com in iis manager but nothing happens, and when I type webadmin.sibedo.com in web browser, it shows me IIS webpage!
can you help me what is my mistake? what record, or DNS should I change or add, or which address should I bind in IIS?

Kind regards.

aminaz

Post by aminaz »

and I have unserstood, when I try to reach webadmin.sibedo.com from another system (not server) I can open webadmin.sibedo.com in web browser but I can not login to the admin panel and receive this error:

"Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>"

aminaz

Post by aminaz »

Hi again :wink:

I deleted the web server browser cache + I add the site address to the hosts file and now I have access to webadmin.sibedo.com on the server as well but I can't get into the admin panel and I get the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (txtPassword="K********************"). |I have hidden my password|
Description: ASP.NET has detected data in the request that is potentially dangerous because it might include HTML markup or script. The data might represent an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. If this type of input is appropriate in your application, you can include code in a web page to explicitly allow it. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=212874.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (txtPassword="K********************").

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpRequestValidationException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (txtPassword="K********************").]
System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String value, String collectionKey, RequestValidationSource requestCollection) +11969159
System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateHttpValueCollection(HttpValueCollection collection, RequestValidationSource requestCollection) +200
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +59
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +11969534
System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +106
System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +85
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +9458
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +345
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +75
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +70
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +790
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +195
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +88

Kind regards

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Can you try to the suggestions in the following article: https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020512
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

aminaz

Post by aminaz »

Hello,

I checked this thread and everything is fine,

mainenable web.config file :

<pages validateRequest="false" enableEventValidation="false"/>

.NetFramework4:

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="10240" executionTiemout="3600" requestValidationMode="2.0" />

has been set.

but I still get the error, so the problem must be somewhere else. Can you help me with this?

I guess maybe if I can change the admin password the problem will be solved because my password contains "<<" and has more than 20 characters, maybe this is causing the problem. But I don't know how to change the admin password without entering the admin panel.

Kind regards.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Run the meinstaller.exe utility (run as administrator) located within the MailEnable "BIN" folder within the MailEnable installation path. In the options list execute option 2. When prompted specify a new password for the MailEnable service accounts. Once complete restart IIS. If this does not help then you will need to lodge a support ticket so that technician can gain access to the server via RDP or Teamviewer.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support