External webmails do not display mailbox quota or disk usage

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
robyone

External webmails do not display mailbox quota or disk usage

Post by robyone »

Hello,
I have installed MailEnable S.E. 10.37 on a Windows Server 2019 standard: everything works fine. Then I installed external webmails such as Rainloop or RoundCube on other windows or centos servers, which regularly read the mailboxes via IMAP and regularly send mail, but do not display the mailbox quota or the disk usage of mailbox, as they should do by default: the space on the screen dedicated to the display of this information is empty, as if the webmail could not read this information, due to a MailEnable or server defect. (I deduced that it is not a fault of the webmails, because the problem does it with different webmails ...).
Is there anything I need to configure on MailEnable or on the Windows server?
Can someone help me?
Thank you.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: External webmails do not display mailbox quota or disk usage

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

First step is to download and upgrade MailEnable to the latest version 10.40 located on our downloads page. Once you have updated MailEnable navigate to the IMAP node within the administration console and access the IMAP properties. Navigate to the "Settings" tab and ensure that the option for "Advertise mailbox quotes to IMAP clients". You need to restart the service if you enable the option.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

robyone

Post by robyone »

Thank you very much, I'll try this! There is no trace of this option, neither in the Release Notes of the version, nor in the online documentation!

robyone

Post by robyone »

Imap_properties.jpg
Imap_properties.jpg (32.4 KiB) Viewed 10233 times
MailEnable-Ian wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:05 am
Hi,

First step is to download and upgrade MailEnable to the latest version 10.40 located on our downloads page. Once you have updated MailEnable navigate to the IMAP node within the administration console and access the IMAP properties. Navigate to the "Settings" tab and ensure that the option for "Advertise mailbox quotes to IMAP clients". You need to restart the service if you enable the option.
Hi MailEnable-Ian, I only now had the opportunity to try what you suggested: I updated MailEnable to version 10.41, but the option you wrote does not exist at all !!! Can you help me??

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

Sorry, Ian was incorrect with this option, as it is only available in the Professional and Enterprise versions, not the Standard. Sorry.

robyone

Post by robyone »

So there is no solution? Mail Enable Standard Edition can't pass mailbox quota or disk usage to clients?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

No, sorry, it is not available through IMAP with the Standard version.