How to Change SMTP Connector of MailEnable via Plesk

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
dairuru

How to Change SMTP Connector of MailEnable via Plesk

Post by dairuru »

We have a Plesk server with built-in MailEnable, is there an option with the MailEnable to change the SMTP connector?

The main problem I'm having is that when we send email, EHLO or FQDN of the server shows <hostname>.home
We are having errors due to this ".home"
I would like to check on the 'Domain Name' setting of SMTP connector if it is configured to ".home", and change it to our real domain name. For example: <hostname>.CompanyName.com

I've already looked in to Plesk tools, there is no option for SMTP connector on MailEnable.
I've seen a MailEnable folder in the Program Files of the Windows Server, but could not locate the setting I need.

Thanks!

Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to Change SMTP Connector of MailEnable via Plesk

Post by Admin »

Hi,

This is configured under the SMTP settings. In our administration program, expand the Servers->localhost->Services and Connectors branch, right click on the SMTP icon and select Properties from the popup menu. In the window that appears you can change the local domain name and the default domain name. Likely these are set to the .local domain. Just change them to your valid domain for the server.