"Blocked Addresses" Feature *FIXED* in MailEnableAdmin.msc

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
fbmaxwell

"Blocked Addresses" Feature *FIXED* in MailEnableAdmin.msc

Post by fbmaxwell » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:43 am

NOTE: This problem was fixed in MailEnable 8.51!
Many thanks to the MailEnable Team and to Ian for getting the problem in the queue to be addressed.

I am running MailEnable 8.04 on Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit.

The "blocked addresses" feature (SMTP > Blocked Addresses) fails when entering a blocked address from the MailEnableAdmin console.
(C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe /s "C:\PROGRA~2\MAILEN~1\Admin\MailEnableAdmin.msc")

When I attempt to add a blocked address it returns "Failed to add blocked address".
When I hit "Okay" and then bring up the properties, the previously large list of addresses appears empty.
Exiting the console and restarting it brings the addresses back into the list.

Interestingly, the "other" console at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Bin\MailEnable.msc" works just fine.

Running as administrator had no effect.
Changing the security settings to add IME_ADMIN with Read, Read & Execute such that it matches MailEnable.msc had no effect.

I have to think that the MailEnableAdmin.msc application is "broken."
Last edited by fbmaxwell on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: "Blocked Addresses" Feature Broken in MailEnableAdmin.ms

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:37 am

Hi,

Managed to reproduce the behavior and have raised an issue for this in our issue register to be addressed at the earliest.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

fbmaxwell

Post by fbmaxwell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:08 am

Ian,

Thanks so much. I thought I was going nuts at first. I even reinstalled the server OS and MailEnable just to make sure it was not some weird permissions problem.

BTW, I was last posting when MailEnable was a young product -- back in 2005. At the time, I was using fmaxwell, but I no longer seem to have access to that.

Regards,
Fred Maxwell

fbmaxwell

Post by fbmaxwell » Wed May 07, 2014 4:29 pm

MailEnable-Ian wrote:Hi,

Managed to reproduce the behavior and have raised an issue for this in our issue register to be addressed at the earliest.
Ian, it's been over three weeks and now I find that the newly-released version 8.50 still has this serious bug. I realize that I'm using the Standard Edition out of the generosity of the MailEnable company and that I am not owed a fix on this, but I would really appreciate it and maybe a heads-up as to when one might be released. I'm fine with a beta version of the management console and would be happy to report whether the problem was resolved.

Regards,
Fred

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Fri May 09, 2014 3:43 am

Hi,
Ian, it's been over three weeks and now I find that the newly-released version 8.50 still has this serious bug. I realize that I'm using the Standard Edition out of the generosity of the MailEnable company and that I am not owed a fix on this, but I would really appreciate it and maybe a heads-up as to when one might be released. I'm fine with a beta version of the management console and would be happy to report whether the problem was resolved.
Might be a better option lodging a support ticket then under "Defect" for a managed response. The issue is logged but we don't have a time frame for the fix. Probably best using the old console specifically for when adding blocked addresses for now until the fix is implemented into the new console.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

fbmaxwell

Post by fbmaxwell » Tue May 20, 2014 9:00 pm

MailEnable-Ian wrote:Hi,
Might be a better option lodging a support ticket then under "Defect" for a managed response. The issue is logged but we don't have a time frame for the fix. Probably best using the old console specifically for when adding blocked addresses for now until the fix is implemented into the new console.
I cannot see a way to report a defect without paying $80 or $180 ($USD) to do so. I'm retired and can't raid my savings in order to report a defect. I just wanted to let you know that the problem had not been resolved. I will wait patiently for a resolution.

I might create my own application to manage the ADDRESS-MAP.TAB file, allowing me to add features like address sorting -- for those of us with catchalls and large numbers of blocked addresses.

Thanks again for looking into the problem, reproducing it, and getting it in-process for a fix.

fbmaxwell

Re: "Blocked Addresses" Feature *FIXED* in MailEnableAdmin.m

Post by fbmaxwell » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:08 am

The problem is all fixed in version 8.51 of MailEnable. You can add new blocked addresses with the regular mail console and it works fine.

lowcountrytoday

Re: "Blocked Addresses" Feature *FIXED* in MailEnableAdmin.msc

Post by lowcountrytoday » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:06 pm

I take it the rest of us are SOL unless we upgrade?