SMTP Inbound Queues are very slow

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
skinman

SMTP Inbound Queues are very slow

Post by skinman »

Greeting Folks,
I have Mail Enable 8.60 installed on Windows 2008 R2 server and am seeing significant SMTP inbound delays. Pretty I see max 3 messages in the spool at one time. I am pretty sure I have seen many more in the queue. I used to have MailEnable 3.0 Pro version and I believe it used to have a large number of items in the spool when processing. I am now using the MailEnable server strictly as a SMTP server with maybe 2 mail boxes.
My question is
Is the Standard version SMTP processing limited or throttled in some way?
Will purchasing the Pro version help?
Any ideas why the inbound SMTP queue will only process 3 at a time?
Thank you so much in advance for all your assistance.
Take Care
Ed

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: SMTP Inbound Queues are very slow

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

There is no restriction or throttling for the SMTP service in Standard version. If the messages are set to spooling then this indicates that the server is in the process of receiving the messages from a remote mail client or server. It is only when the server completes receiving the message that the status of the message is updated to Undelivered. For the other messages in the queue what is the status set as?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

onismart

Re: SMTP Inbound Queues are very slow

Post by onismart »

Hello,

I have Mailenable 9.5 installed on windows server 2012 R2.

I want to know why mails from some domains takes so long like up to 12 to 24 hours before delivery to ME server.

I also like to know if there is any setting to reduce the time of incoming mails delivery time( that the incoming mails can get delivered faster).

Thank you.