Admin mode

StatsMan

Admin mode

Postby StatsMan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:19 am

Hi

Really nice server and working well BUT I cannot for the life of me get it to start up in full admin mode despite lots of trying. It was working okay and prompted for a password but no longer and just have a splash screen and restricted access.

Ideas please, I guess it's something simple?

Tony

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Admin mode

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:25 am

Hi,

Are you logged into the server with admin rights? If not then this will be the problem as the logged in user will not have access to the MailEnable registry.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

StatsMan

Postby StatsMan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:37 am

Sorry, been away.

Yes, I am, the server runs under my login as Admin. It did work but then mailEnable suddenly stopped asking for my login via a popup when starting and has never done so since. Server has not been restarted in between. I desperately need to add more mailboxes but cannot.

Also, the SMTP blocking seems to be working for dud logins (they appear in the ACL) but the IPs involved can still access (for hours on end it seems with dictionary attacks)....

StatsMan

Postby StatsMan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:51 am

Scrub that last post - that was hMailServer I was referring to with the popup. I just tried creating a new shortcut to start mailEnable up and it's now working and I have a New Mailbox link.... Why I do not know :shock: