Copy all inbound/outbound email

cmay1993

Copy all inbound/outbound email

Postby cmay1993 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:55 am

As will be apparent by my post, I'm new to MailEnable. I need to be able to copy all email passing through a particular Post Office. I have found the utility called mesnoop.zip but it doesn't appear to work. I have selected my filter criteria as all email and below I've selected the mailbox to copy the email to. The email sends successfully to the recipient but is not copied to the other mailbox. After making the changes I have restarted the MTA. Do I need to be using the Pro or Enterprise version for this to work correctly? I am running version 9 of MailEnable. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Chad

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Copy all inbound/outbound email

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:19 am

Hi,

If you check the MTA agent debug log file do you see the MESnoop pickup event being called by the agent? If so are any errors within the logs or within the Windows event log?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

cmay1993

Re: Copy all inbound/outbound email

Postby cmay1993 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:14 am

I have looked at the debug log. Here's what it shows:

date/timestamp Processing file filename.mai from queue SMTP
MTADeliveMessage::Pre Pickup Event executing: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\Mail Enable\Bin\MESNOOP.EXE filename.mai SMTP
ME-MTA-INFO : Routing message from SMTP to 1 recipient

The Windows event log shows an informational entry:

The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application MESnoop: Thread ID 3668 Logged: MailEnable - MTA Snoop Filter Err:

When running the utility I have selected Copy All Mail. The Message Filtering is currently: On is selected. I have the Postoffice Name and Mailbox Name selected. We only have one postoffice created.

Thanks!
Chad