Autoresponder sender is null

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
sramos

Autoresponder sender is null

Post by sramos »

Hi all,

I've got MailEnable V8.53 installed in PRODUCTION, TEST, and DEV environments.
I need a mailbox to autorespond to users who send mail to it.
So i've checked the "Enable autoresponder" checkbox under "Actions" tab, wrote a subject and body, verified that the "Reply to address" is valid under "Adresses".
In the Postoffice connector properties, the "Autoresponders Enabled" is checked, and the value of "Autorespond to sender" is "Always respond to the sender".

But when in the SMTP activity log, i see that the sender is always null, so the company mail relay rejects it :
03/15/16 14:09:09 SMTP-OU ABCDEF.MAI 660 10.xx.yy.zz MAIL MAIL FROM:<> SIZE=705 250 2.1.0 <>... Sender ok 23 27
03/15/16 14:09:09 SMTP-OU ABCDEF.MAI 660 10.xx.yy.zz RCPT RCPT TO:<seb.durand@whatever.com> 550 5.7.1 Access denied 41 25

I've upgraded my DEV environment to 9.05, but still get the same effect, sender is always null.

Any ideas ?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Autoresponder sender is null

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

NULL senders are valid when sending auto responder messages. Therefore the remote server is strictly blocking NULL senders and should really be accepting this. Currently its not an option that is configurable within MailEnable.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sramos

Post by sramos »

Thanks for the reply.

Ok, the sender can be null.

But according to MailEnable knowledge base, the sender should be the reply-to address configured for the mailbox (and can be changed by editing the AUTORESPOND.CFG).

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/vi ... D=ME020126

Is this article deprecated ?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The article is referring to the autoresponse message sender address and not what is used as the envelope sender address.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

There is a work around for this now. This will require version 10.39.

You will need to add a registry key for this to work. Please see the steps below:

The option will allow you to send the auto responder as the mailbox email address (i.e. the email address that it was sent to).

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Connectors\SF]

"Null sender autoresponder"=dword:00000000

The DWORD value for the key needs to be set to 0 (default is 1, which means the service sends it as null sender). You then need to restart the postoffice connector service if you change or add this value, since it is only read on startup of the service.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support