I've been through every knowledgebase topic on it. I've read every how-to post I can find.
● I've created self-signed certs through IIS.
● I've created them using openssl on a Mac, importing them and trusting their cert. authority.
● I've followed these directions for selecting the cert in ME:
http://www.mailenable.com/documentation ... ption.html
● I've made port 465 an SSL alternate port for SMTP.
● I've checked the box to allow TLS inbound.
● I've tried to follow these directions:
http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020479
But my MailEnable server does not have an IME_SYSTEM account. It has IME_ADMIN and IME_USERS. So I've tried giving both of them full access to the imported certificate. That doesn't help.
Everything looks fine (other than the missing IME_SYSTEM user account). I restart all services (not just SMTP). And then try to connect with my Mac Mail client set to use port 465 with "Use SSL" checked.
Every time, I get the following message from the "Connection Doctor":
Code: Select all
Could not connect to this SMTP server. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the Account preferences. Also verify that this server supports SSL. If it does not, deselect the "Use SSL" checkbox in the Advanced tab of account Preferences.
Thanks in advance.