Webmail installation is not successful

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
Neokil

Webmail installation is not successful

Post by Neokil »

Hello,

I was just installing the MailEnable-Server, but after the Installation the WebMail-Client is not working (but the installation gave no error).
When I looked into the wwwroot-directory of IIS I found out there were no files at all. (Even after a new installation it did not work.)
Anything I can try to do?

Greetings
Neokil

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Webmail installation is not successful

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

MailEnable does not store or install any of the web mail files in "wwwroot" folder. The path that the MailEnable web mail client points to is Mail Enable\BIN\NetWebmail. You do not need to make any changes to the website path as it should work after the install. If it isn't then most likely the problem will be missing IIS components. Can you provide more detail when you say it doesn't work. Are there any errors returned in the browser when you navigate to the web mail locally on the server via http://mewebmail.localhost or http://localhost/mewebmail?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Neokil

Post by Neokil »

I am currently using IIS 8.5 running on Windows Server 2012 R2.
When I installed MailEnable I choose a newly created site (mail.mydomain.com) and all it did was adding a web.config to the wwwroot and when I tried to access it it told me something like there are no documents that can be accessed.

Now that you told me the files are in a different folder, I created a new site using "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Bin\NETWebMail" as the physical path.
When I try to access it I am getting the HTTP-Error 500.23 with an error message which should translate to something like "An ASP.NET-Setting was found, which is invalid in "Integrated"-Pipelinemode." (I will attach a screenshot of the error message)

When I changed the Application-Pool to "Classic .NET App Pool" to change the Pipelinemode it seemed to fix the problem.

But not I always get the error message "Unknown or Disabled User!" when I try to log in.
I will attach a screenshot of my IIS-Site-Configuration and my WebMail-Configuration (from the MailEnableAdmin-Console).
Maybe I missed a setting somewhere?
Attachments
The Webmail-Configuration in the MailEnableAdmin-Console
The Webmail-Configuration in the MailEnableAdmin-Console
cap_webmail_config.PNG (15.64 KiB) Viewed 19106 times
The IIS-Site-Configuration
The IIS-Site-Configuration
cap_iis_config.PNG (19.94 KiB) Viewed 19106 times
Error I got with integrated Pipeline-Mode
Error I got with integrated Pipeline-Mode
error500.23.png (59.56 KiB) Viewed 19106 times

Neokil

Post by Neokil »

not sure what happened, but I think it did not submit my post so I will try again...

I am running IIS 8.5 on Windows Server 2012 R2.

When I installed MailEnable to a new IIS-Site it only created a web.config and I was not able to access the site since there were no files.

No I created a new site in IIS using the Path you provided as physical path. (Had to switch the Pipeline-Type to Classic for it to work)

Now I am getting the Login-Panel, but it is not possible to log in, I am always getting the "Unknown or Disabled User!"-Message.
To test this a bit, I created a new Mailbox with name "test" and password "test" and tried to log in with those credentials. I even tried to use the test@MyPostoffice as name and the complete mail-address, but it all resulted in the same message.

Maybe there is a setting I overlooked?
In appendix you will find a screenshot of both configurations, the one of IIS and the one inside the MailEnableAdmin-Console.
Attachments
cap_webmail_config.PNG
cap_webmail_config.PNG (15.64 KiB) Viewed 19106 times
cap_iis_config.PNG
cap_iis_config.PNG (19.94 KiB) Viewed 19106 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

You don't need to create a new custom site for the web mail client. I suggest you return the settings to default and start again and provide descriptive errors that are returned when you try and access web mail after it has been installed by the installer under IIS. Therefore delete all the MailEnable sites under IIS including your custom ones you have created pointing to the "NetWebmail" path. Then locate the "Meinstaller.exe" utility within the MailEnable BIN folder and execute the option 2 "Web application reconfigure". When prompted by the installer set a new password for the MailEnable service accounts. This will create sites under IIS. Once complete add the host name binding to the MailEnable web mail website and try to access web mail or try to use the local host name bindings of: http://localhost/mewebmail or http://mewebmail.localhost. If there are errors accessing the client post them up and then we can assist in troubleshooting them.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Neokil

Post by Neokil »

ok, I deleted my custom websites regarding the webmail, started the installer, chose option 2 and provided a password.
Now there is a prompt asking me for the IIS-Directory to use. Here I chose the domain I am using the E-Mail-Server for. Now I have 3 new IIS-Entries: "MailEnable Protocols", "MailEnable WebAdmin" and "MailEnable WebMail" they are all active.
The Binding on the last one is "MEWebMail.localhost" and after disableling the fallback-page it worked (not sure why it won't work with the fallback page enabled).
When I access it I am still getting the same problem "Unknown or Disabled User". (I attached some screenshots)
Now I looked again at the WebMail-Settings inside of the MailEnableAdmin-Console and found the "logging"-Feature and turned it on (Screenshot). But after restarting the IIS-Site a few times and trying to log in it still does not have any log-files in the given directory (it did not even create the directory). I even restarted my IIS-Instance but it still will not log anything.
Are there maybe any other log files? Or something else I could try?
Attachments
Logging-Settings
Logging-Settings
logging-settings.PNG (14.32 KiB) Viewed 19094 times
login-page
login-page
login.PNG (124.58 KiB) Viewed 19094 times
login-error
login-error
error.PNG (118.72 KiB) Viewed 19094 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Private message with Teamviewer access to the server or RDP login details and I will quickly check.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kimdobranski

Post by kimdobranski »

I am getting this as well. Windows2008R2 IIS7 ME9.79

I can tinker using some of the advice online and it past the error, but then it just sits at the "Loading" forever. Eventually it times out and just returns me back to the login page with no error. Tried the mobile version also.

Nothing in event logs.

Please give me a solution asap.

reinhard_g

Post by reinhard_g »

For unknown or disabled user may be, this article will help: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/vi ... D=ME020182
Reinhard Gojowsky
--------------------------
EAASDC IT Service Germany
ME Professional 10.40, Windows Server 2019