MailEnable outgoing via relay possible?

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
IanJ

MailEnable outgoing via relay possible?

Post by IanJ »

Hi all,

I have a dedicated server with a single static IP. Now, despite my hard working tying to contact Gmail (Google) and report my issue they are doing nothing....so it's up to me. Believe me I have tried!

Any emails sent by any of the domains on my server (which uses MailEnable Standard) to gmail.com accounts are bounced back. No other domains bounce. My IP isn't on any blacklists (except Googles!).

So, I thought about setting up a relay on another server that I have and have all outgoing emails from my domains routed through my 2nd server and onto their destination. Obviously I would tighten up the relay to only accept emails from the originating IP/domain etc.

Is this possible with Mailenable Standard, can I configure it to route all outgoings?

PS. I don't want to move the entire email server, it's integrated with Plesk etc on my dedicated box. Also, I had thought about getting a 2nd static IP from my host.....but no gaurantee the IP won't be blocked by Gmail also....at least my relay IP is at a completely different geolocation etc.

Ian.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: MailEnable outgoing via relay possible?

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Within the SMTP properties under the "Smarthost" tab you can configure all outgoing email to be smart hosted via an external SMTP server.

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/ar ... D=ME020157
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

dcol

Post by dcol »

Does this also work within local domains via webmail?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

No, it will not work when sending to locally hosted domains.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support