SSL selfsigned issues

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
shirishnamdeo

SSL selfsigned issues

Post by shirishnamdeo »

I used the article(link below) to setup SSl on my mailenable (current version-May/02/2017) :

http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=27677

I used self signed certificate for SSL for this server, and done everything.

But , SSL is only activated for email client, they are able to connect to ssl port, however ALL outbout from mailenable emails are not using SSL to connect to the remote SMTP. , causing failure of email delivery at times,when the target SMTP is allowing only SSL connections.

Question 1: Does Selfsigned certificate creates issue in live production scenario, when recieving from email clients and sending to remote servers ?

I have checked the tls and ssl, from this site;
https://www.checktls.com/perl/live/Test ... ?ASSURETLS

This says that nothing is sent using SSL , However i cannot see any errors, but emails cannot be delivered to bank related domains.

with 554.7.1

Concentration of question is , Selfsigned certificate works on production server ?
How do i check , SSL is using for outgoing Client(SSL-465)-Mailenable-BankDomain(SSL) errors ?

Thanks for reading this much

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: SSL selfsigned issues

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

When mail servers send outbound to other mail servers it is always over port 25 non SSL. You can however configure outbound TLS where MailEnable will try to send over TLS if the remote mail serer is advertising the STARTTLS command when connecting. Therefore have you enabled outbound TLS within the MailEnable SMTP settings under the "Outbound" tab? Also self-signed certificates may also be problematic with remote mail servers therefore you may need to obtain a valid certificate.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support