ME Standard DKIM

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
lusu

ME Standard DKIM

Post by lusu »

According to the feature list ME Standard should have DKIM support. However, I cannot find either the DKIM tab in postoffice properties nor in localhost > extensions.
I've upgraded to 9.74 and still missing. Any help on this? How can I get the DKIM extension/tab to show up?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: ME Standard DKIM

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Navigate in the administration console to: Messaging Manager > Postoffices > (post office name) > Domains. Click on "Domains" and then double-click the domain name in the right-hand pane window. You will find the DKIM tab in the domain properties window.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

hvdhelm

Post by hvdhelm »

Ok, I found the DKIM tab in my Postoffices.
But on top of that setting a red note: DKIM is not currently enabled globally <check attachment>

Outgoing messages are not signed.

Any suggestions what's wrong?
Attachments
MailEnable DKIM setting.png
MailEnable DKIM setting.png (53.17 KiB) Viewed 31666 times

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

ME Console > Servers > localhost > Extensions > Domain Keys (DKIM). Right-click the Domain Keys entry and select Properties then enable DKIM functionality (I assume this is why you get the "not enabled globally" message).

Cheers,
Brett

ds1

Post by ds1 »

Is there any other way to enable this.

I don't see this:
ME Console > Servers > localhost > Extensions > Domain Keys (DKIM)

All I have in Extensions is:
Message Filter

Thanks

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Is there any other way to enable this.

I don't see this:
ME Console > Servers > localhost > Extensions > Domain Keys (DKIM)

All I have in Extensions is:
Message Filter

Thanks
What version of Standard are you running? If not version 10 then please upgrade and try check DKIM configuration settings again.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

ds1

Post by ds1 »

I was on 9.16.

I have updated to 10.10 and there is still no DKIM in the extensions section

ds1

Post by ds1 »

I have upgraded to 10.10 and still don't see the option

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The DKIM configuration is located within the domain properties window. Navigate to: Messaging Manager > Post offices > {postoffice name} > Domains. Double click the domain in the right hand pane and select properties. Next navigate to the DKIM tab.

http://www.mailenable.com/documentation ... Keys).html
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

ds1

Post by ds1 »

Yes I know how to add dkim onto a domain the problem is it says "DKIM is not currently enabled globally" as per the 3rd post on this thread.

DKIM is enabled on the domain, but it is still not adding dkim to the header, which is why i think the problem might be "DKIM is not currently enabled globally"

Thanks

Joost

Post by Joost »

I have the exact same thing, it says "DKIM is not currently enabled globally" and I did enabled DKIM per domain, but is NOT adding dkim to the header when sending mail with that domain. No dkim header is added. Running standard edition 10.20.

Any news on the matter?

cmarks55

Post by cmarks55 »

I have ME 10.20 and have dkim working fine, and mine does NOT say not enabled globally. I too do not have anything under extensions (except message filter) and there is no setting under the extensions to deal with anything dkim. I do not remember doing anything with enabling anything globally. I followed the instructions in the documentation for ME 10 and it all worked as expected, once I added my DNS entries.

Just pointing out that under filters is not the answer.

Are you doing this in cPanel?
Refer to this link which specifically addresses enabling globally DKIM support:
https://documentation.cpanel.net/displa ... F+Globally

quickhelper

Post by quickhelper »

Solution for my setup
Plesk on IIS
Mailenable Free Version
External DNS

1. install Microsoft DNS from Plesk Tools Updates & Upgrades; this will enable a settings box
2. Go to Mail settings and check the new box (Enable DKIM) or something like that. It's in the global settings and per domain setting. Plesk will show an error (no NS Record bla), but continue regardless
3. deactivate Microsoft DNS (DNS Template, deactivate)
4. Dunno if its necessary: Uncheck and check again the new box in E-Mail Settings
5. Find out, that whatever key you had previously created in mailenable was replaced by a key with selector "default". To do that either use the mailenable msc console or the way described in Plesk help. Find out while doing it, that the flag "DKIM is not currently enabled globally" has vanished
6. Update/Create your DNS entry with the new key. I added k=rsa; after the v=DKIM1; but I dont know if it makes a difference. The entire entry looks like v=DKIM1;k=rsa;p=ABCDEFG120...;
7. send mail with DKIM enabled