Outlook slow moving emails between folders or deleting emails

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
IanJ

Outlook slow moving emails between folders or deleting emails

Post by IanJ »

Hi all

ME Standard (free) version V9.
6 users.
Email server on Win Server 2012R2, Intel i7.

I have been using ME very successfully with Thunderbird clients but decided to move to Outlook 2010 (32bit).
On my own account I basically uninstalled Thunderbird, installed Outlook and created my email account whereupon all my emails and folders were downloaded (am using IMAP). Right out the box can send and receive no problem and emails seem to sync no problem.

The problem is when I try to delete emails or move emails between folders, I.e. Out of the inbox to another folder. There is initially a freeze of about 5 secs and then the action is carried out. Sometimes it takes longer.
I have a couple of PC's so did the exact same thing on my other PC and I get the exact same problem.
Thunderbird never exhibited this problem, it was always fast.

I have a lot of emails and folders, but my .pst file is only 50mb.

I have googled the issue and it seems very common but none of the fixes (to Outlook) seem to help me........so I am at a loss.

My server is on the same Lan as my PC's so it's direct and fast access.

Any ideas?

Ian.

IanJ

Re: Outlook slow moving emails between folders or deleting emails

Post by IanJ »

One thing I noticed upon migrating to Outlook was that all my various folders (my custom ones, not the usual SENT ITEMS etc) are not located as a sub-folder under INBOX, and in actual fact I don't use the SENT ITEMS or DELETED ITEMS under INBOX..........but maybe I should have everything under the INBOX and maybe this is what is not helping, I.E mail root.

Ian.