Problem with WebMail "disappearing" on server reboot

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
renewtx@gmail.com

Problem with WebMail "disappearing" on server reboot

Post by renewtx@gmail.com »

I have installed MailEnable on a development server and am able to access the MailEnable Admin Management client. i can create mailboxes and all seems to be functional. I then set up Host Headers for the WebMail client by following the instructions on this page of the Mail Enable Standard manual:

https://www.mailenable.com/documentatio ... ries.htmls

The Host Header entries appeared under Servers > localhost > Services and Connectors > WebMail as expected. Then I executed the MEInstaller.exe and executed Option 2 to set up the Web Mail configurations (as described in a post of the forum). After this, I was able to access the WebMail client and send and receive emails and everything looked good.

I then had to reboot the server (due to additional configuration changes not related to MailEnable) that required a reboot. After reboot, when I tried to access a WebMail again, IIS threw a "Resource does not exist" error. Checking under Servers > localhost > Services and Connectors > WebMail there were now no host headers listed anymore.

Thinking I had missed a step somewhere, I repeated the above procedure and was able to access web mail again. However, after an additional reboot, I had the same problem again.

Am I missing something here that prevents the host header/web mail configurations from persisting? Is there a more complete document/post that describes exactly how to set up Web Mail?

Thanks

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Problem with WebMail "disappearing" on server reboot

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

No there is no functionality outside of the console that would remove the host header from the IIS. Check the Windows event log for more clues after the server reboots.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

renewtx@gmail.com

So it happened again ... I had Web Mail set up using the Host Headers and was able to connect and access via the browser. However, later that day I had to do an IISRESET of the server ... that appears to have killed the WebMail sites again!

Can you provide me with the correct steps to set up/configure WebMail? Maybe I am missing something, but all i see in the docs is how to create the Host Headers. After doing that I still cannot access WebMail and I have to run the MEWInstall,exe with Option #2 (which I got from a post and not actually the documentation). Is there a separate document that explains how to set up WebMail?

Thanks

renewtx@gmail.com

I did look through the Event Logs but only found the following that related to MailEnable:

MEPOPS
Event ID: 1
General: (MailEnable POP3 Service (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Bin64\MEPOPS.EXE) error: 0) Service Started

MESMTPCS
General: (MailEnable SMTP Service (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Bin64\MESMTPC.EXE) error: 0) ME-I0144: Service Completed Loading Agents.

MEIMAPS
General: (MailEnable IMAP Service (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Bin64\MEIMAPS.exe) error: 203) Service Completed Loading Agents