Help! Setting up an SPF Record for my Domain

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
Iris

Help! Setting up an SPF Record for my Domain

Post by Iris »

Hello!

I need some help setting up an SPF Record for my domain so that my mails can get authenticated. I currently have the following record set up: v=spf1 +a +mx ~all and it works well, however the problem is that for some reason the IP from which the mails are being sent keeps getting changed. I tried sending 10 emails and all of them had different IP Addresses (162.215.254.45, 204 .11.59.162, 207.174.213.198 etc.). Thus, only a fraction of my emails with the IP Address 208.91.199.147 (which is the IP Address of the server where my domain is hosted) were authenticated. I need help setting up an SPF Record so that all of my emails are authenticated.
Kindly understand that this is my first time doing this. I tried depending upon the hosting company but received little help so please help out!

Thanks.

Brett Rowbotham

Re: Help! Setting up an SPF Record for my Domain

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

Those IP addresses all belong to webhostbox.net who is obviously your domain host. You will need to include their spf record into your own spf record in order to cover all possible outgoing mx ip addresses.

Just ask them for the entry you need to add to your spf record to include their mx ip addresses.

Iris

Post by Iris »

Hello!

Thanks a lot for taking out the time to help me out.

Unfortunately, the hosting company isn't being of much help, reason why I decided to try and do this on my on. Currently I have 17 Records set up which does include an MX record (10: mail.mywebsite.com), is that what you are referring to? Could you please give me an example of what the SPF record that I need to include from my domain host should look like?
Also, I was thinking is there a limit to the outgoing IP Addresses? If so, I think I could try and track them all down and add them as A Records. Would that work?

I know I probably sound like an idiot but please do help out since it's my first time doing any of this...

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

This is what their own SPF record shows:

include:_netblocks1.mailhostbox.com include:_netblocks2.mailhostbox.com include:_netblocks3.mailhostbox.com

Try adding those to your SPF record.