..probs with outlook express

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
ansella

..probs with outlook express

Post by ansella » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:53 pm

I dont have any errors in the diagnostic. I cannot connect through outlook to send and receive email. I think that I don't really know what to put in the pop and smtp fields. I have used ridgelandconstruction.no-ip.ca because that is my local domain name. I amnot sure what to try. I have the APOP authentication set and have the correct field checked off in outlook express.
Can u tell me what i am supossed to put in the pop and smtp fields in Outlook Express? Even if I change my domain name.
Thanks so much.
Angel

MrByte

Post by MrByte » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:43 pm

There seems to be a problem with the POP3 port (110). I am able to get your SMTP (port 25).
Is ME behind a firewall?
Is the POP3 service enabled?
.MrByte

ansella

probs with outlook

Post by ansella » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:46 pm

Hi Mr Byte, thanks for the quick reply. I have checked my pop and it wasnt running because norton anti virus email protection also likes to run on port 110. I re booted and nortonnow will not start but the pop server is running. I havent been able to find a way to get norton to run on another port so there is a conflict. I am now unable to download my telus email because now nrton isnt working. Also I am still getting error
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.ridgelandconstruction.no-ip.ca', Server: 'pop3.spa.norton.antivirus', Protocol: POP3, Port: 21002, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

from outlook about my ridgeland construction account.

Any suggestions?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

outlook

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:04 am

hi ansella,
Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

This error means that you are able to connect to the server via POP, but your SMTP Service is either not running or is configured incorrectly.

You can verify if the SMTP service is running by using the telnet utility to telnet to port 25 of your mail server. If the server responds, then the issue is most likely that your mail client settings are invalid. You should review the following article:
http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Ar ... D=me020075