ListSrv Capabilities: Pre-Sales 5-10 day purchase time.

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
AllanA

ListSrv Capabilities: Pre-Sales 5-10 day purchase time.

Post by AllanA »

It has been some time since I've worked with MailEnable. I've downloaded the free standard edition and am looking to use its Listserv capability to service a group consisting of 2-5 content suppliers and approximately 7000 member subscribers. Having used ME in the past I know the listserv is reliable.

Since its been some time I need to know if the volume (7,000 subscribers) broadcast one time daily will be an issue for Standard Edition or if a more advanced version would be required. If Standard is the solution please know that a support agreement will be purchased to compensate. Another concern, probably the biggest, is the ability to specify what time the bulletin broadcasts regardless of when it was submitted (eg. submission arrives at 11am but broadcasts at midnight).

Any informative response or any information linking me to direct answers to theses questions is greatly appreciated since I'm looking for an alternative and reliable solution to a nagging old issue.

Thank you in advance

Brett Rowbotham

Re: ListSrv Capabilities: Pre-Sales 5-10 day purchase time.

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

Currently no "specific time" mailing, they go out when received so you would have to handle the timing issue externally.

AllanA

Post by AllanA »

Brett Rowbotham wrote:Currently no "specific time" mailing, they go out when received so you would have to handle the timing issue externally.
Thanks. I'm sure something can be adapted externally via the mail client or perhaps a plugin can be made to offer such a feature for a cost. I take it from the reply that the regular volume of the broadcast is not a concern?

Thanks again

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

Our largest list is only around 3000 emails, and we use Enterprise edition, so I'm not sure how it would be in Standard edition.

AllanA

Post by AllanA »

Ours would be approximately 7,000 once a night. I've found a SendLater app for Mac users for $8/mo. and there is apparently a utility within the OS which allows for scripting all sorts of actions including delays.

AllanA

Post by AllanA »

Brett Rowbotham wrote:Our largest list is only around 3000 emails, and we use Enterprise edition, so I'm not sure how it would be in Standard edition.
In the interest of Geek kinship, just in case you ever need it. I found a solution to the delay send issue for the MAC user (not seeking to advertise as I am in no way affiliated with this program or Mac. ). It an inexpensive subscription service that is full featured and runs entirely local to the enduser as an app on his/her Mac.

http://www.mailbutler.io/

I also came across a native (free) solution. Unfortunately, my end user feels it may be too complex to implement.

https://www.askdavetaylor.com/can-i-del ... pple-mail/

As for the volume, I'm going to have to give it a go to find out if there are any problems. I will post the outcome once I try, provided I get the green light to deploy this solution.