Delivery to Mail Enable doesnt work for one domain

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
GalebPrint

Delivery to Mail Enable doesnt work for one domain

Post by GalebPrint »

Hi there..

I have a really strange problem here! Anyway i was using ME Standard for like 2 years now on an old Windows 7 PC.. Few days ago, i got a chance to use my home pc as a server because i bought a new one! As expected and recommended I have installed Windows Server 2019 on it, and did a migration process as described here:
https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020073

To make a long story as short as possible, i had 2 domains (2 postoffices) on the old hardware.. Both got transferred just fine and both were working on the old hardware.. However, after setting everything up, only the "main" one works.. I know there is no main or slave domain, but lets say, only the default one works.. If i try to send the mail from outside server to the second domain, i get this kind of msg as a response:

The response from the remote server was:

550 <some_mail@domain_nuber_two.something>, recipient unknown

Of course, if i try to send a mail from default domain to the second one and vice versa, this works.. Also if i try to send the mail from any outside mail server to the main domain it also works, but to the second one it doesnt..

Any help would be much appreciated..

Thank you,
Galeb

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Delivery to Mail Enable doesnt work for one domain

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
The response from the remote server was:

550 <some_mail@domain_nuber_two.something>, recipient unknown
The above error returned in the bounce does not look be to a MailEnable bounce. Do you see the inbound transaction from the remote mail server your sending from within the MailEnable SMTP Activity log file? If you telnet to "domain_nuber_two.something" from a Windows command prompt on port 25 do you see a MailEnable SMTP response?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support