unkown or disabled user in webmail

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
jwells

unkown or disabled user in webmail

Post by jwells »

I've installed the Standard version, setup the post office and one user. Tested to see if I could login and I get this error. I've read suggested articles, forum posts and checked everything several times but still get the error. I've obviously got something wrong setting it up. Don't know where to go from here.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: unkown or disabled user in webmail

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

You may need to restart the server so that the MailEnable environment variable paths take affect.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jwells

Post by jwells »

I had to manually put the paths in before and that got it running. I can go to the web login screen and it won't let me log into mail. Using the username, username@postoffice with the proper password it says 'unknown or disabled user'.

jwells

Post by jwells »

I've done that just so I could get to the login screen. It won't allow me to logon to the ,ail account. Says unknown or disabled user.

jwells

Post by jwells »

Hope this isn't a duplicate reply. They are not showing up in this thread.

I'm able to get to the web login but it won't let me log into the mailbox - says unknown or disable user.

jwells

Post by jwells »

I've done that. Everything seems to work except it won't allow me to log into web mail. It say 'unkown or disabled user'. I've gone thru the articles and forums but can't seem to find what I've got wrong.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Do you see any reported errors or warnings within the Windows event log at the time of the login failure? Are you able to authenticate against other MailEnable services like IMAP or POP?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jwells

Post by jwells »

The other services seem to work in my tests. I haven't switched over fully to Mailenable till I see everything else running properly. I'll look at the log.

jwells

Post by jwells »

This is what I'm seeing:

An account failed to log on.

Subject:
Security ID: NULL SID
Account Name: -
Account Domain: -
Logon ID: 0x0

Logon Type: 3

Account For Which Logon Failed:
Security ID: NULL SID
Account Name: hp
Account Domain:

Failure Information:
Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.
Sub Status: 0xC0000064

Process Information:
Caller Process ID: 0x0
Caller Process Name: -

Network Information:
Workstation Name: -
Source Network Address: 117.40.129.239
Source Port: 61982

Detailed Authentication Information:
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTLM
Transited Services: -
Package Name (NTLM only): -
Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon request fails. It is generated on the computer where access was attempted.

The Subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The Logon Type field indicates the kind of logon that was requested. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The Process Information fields indicate which account and process on the system requested the logon.

The Network Information fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.
- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.
- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.
- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Did you configure the post office to authenticate against Windows Active Directory? Try and login to the web mail client locally on the server via http://mewebmail.localhost or http://localhost/mewebmail. If this does not help then we will need to access the server via RDP or Teamviewer to analyse the configuration in more detail. However you will need to lodge a valid support ticket via the support below.

https://www.mailenable.com/support/step1.asp
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jwells

Post by jwells »

I've went back in and configured that. Tried to log in locally but still getting the same message.

I do have this running on Windows 10 and not Server.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Best way forward is to lodge a support ticket via the MailEnable support form below and provide access to the server via RDP or Teamviewer.

https://www.mailenable.com/support/step1.asp
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support