Making MailEnable more Gmail-friendly

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
tim.nbj

Making MailEnable more Gmail-friendly

Post by tim.nbj »

Hi Everyone

Unfortunately, sometimes when I have emailed someone with a Gmail address via MailEnable's inbuilt SMTP relay, the email has ended up in the recipient's spam folder. This is because of Gmail''s overzealous antispam. I am therefore trying to make my email setup as Gmail-friendly as possible. I have configured SPF, DKIM and DMARC records in my domain's DNS. I am now wanting to configure MailEnable to add an "X-Report-Abuse:" header to every email I send via its SMTP relay.

In the MailEnable Admin Console, I have right-clicked on my domain and have clicked on properties. I have then clicked on the "Abuse (abuse@) address mail gets sent to:" drop-down menu and have changed it from "(None)" to "postmaster". I have then tested it by sending a test email via MailEnable's SMTP relay to a Gmail address that I own and have looked at the resulting headers. The "X-Report-Abuse:" header has not appeared. Does anyone know what else I need to do in order to add this header?

Also, does anyone know of any other settings I can adjust in MailEnable to make it more Gmail-friendly?

Thank you very much

Kind regards

Tim

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Making MailEnable more Gmail-friendly

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Have you reviewed the following article: https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020241
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

tim.nbj

Re: Making MailEnable more Gmail-friendly

Post by tim.nbj »

Hi Ian

Thank you very much for the link.

Kind regards

Tim