[SOLVED]Confusion about Limit number of recipients per hour to

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
poweredge

[SOLVED]Confusion about Limit number of recipients per hour to

Post by poweredge »

Since I cannot find any clear indication, please kindly help.

"Limit number of recipients per hour to" can be applied to SMTP/Postoffice/Mailbox level

1. Does this limit mean the maximum number of email per Mailbox can send out per our if set per Mailbox level? or per PostOffice (including all mailbox combined) if set at Postoffice leve, or per SMTP server (including all postoffice and all the mailbox combined)

For example, if I set at SMTP level to 1,000, and I have 5 postoffices, and each have 100 email, ie, total 500 email accounts. So does this mean ALL 500 MAILBOX combined can send out 1,000 email per hour or does it mean PER Mailbox can send 1,000 email per hour?

and the Override Priority Level is Postoffice>Mailbox>SMTP?

Thanks
Last edited by poweredge on Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poweredge

Re: Confusion about Limit number of recipients per hour to

Post by poweredge »

In additional, I noticed something strange, I've set 2,000 at Server level, and 100 for PostOffice Level, Greyout at mailbox level as Postoffice will override individual mailbox level.

ME log Red warning shows a user has over the limit (which is 20) by [41], but I see no where this number (ie, 20) was ever set anywhere.

So I suspect the Limited number of recipients per hour at PostOffice (PO) level is all mailbox combined within that PO? Any detail of how this limited number works please?

Thanks

[Update] This was actually the alert message of Failed recipients per hour of Outbound Abuse Monitor under SMTP setting, it has nothing to do with Limit number of recipients per hour
Last edited by poweredge on Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

poweredge

Post by poweredge »

Anyone please?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Please see: https://www.mailenable.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43754&p=116700&hilit=Limit+number+of+recipients+per+hour+to#p116700
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

poweredge

Post by poweredge »

Thanks Ian, for others, the Limit simply means the restriction PER USER account. Not combined all mailboxes under one postoffice or combined all mailboxes of all post offices under the server. It simply means per user restriction!

and you can set it at the out most Server Level (ie, SMTP) or Postoffice Level, which Post Office Level will override SMTP or Mailbox level

For example, I've set 500 on SMTP, and 200 at Postoffice, this is the alert I've got.

Message: ME-I0xxx: The 1 recipient(s) for mailbox domain.com/username puts it over limit of 200 per hour (current count 311).
Time: 6/7/2021 2:47:43 PM
Severity: Critical
Postoffice: domain.com
Mailbox: username@domain.com